Author Topic: wow everything has gone to hell  (Read 1604 times)

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
wow everything has gone to hell
« on: May 31, 2007, 05:11:33 PM »
my dad had a problem with the computer, so, being the smart guy he is, decided to "reset" the computer to the settings of an earlier date, thereby deleting all things that were installed after this previous date, including my build018 update. no big deal YET. so i downloaded the update file again. then i tried to install it. as it was installing, i put it in the same folder with build016 full, like i did before, and it said it couldnt read a file it was installing. so i deleted the UPDATE and decided to get the FULL version for build 18. the install worked, but now the game cant find ANY of the things in folders (i.e. maps i downloaded, any of my settings, configs, demos, things like that). so now, even though i can open the "maps" folder and see the maps IN it, it says i need to download the same ones. its not looking in the right folder for maps or configs i suppose.

is there any way to fix this and make the game search in the right folders, or do i need to completely re-download and reconfig everything???

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: wow everything has gone to hell
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 05:30:22 PM »
I'd suggest pulling all your maps and configs out, uninstalling, and do a full install.
Keep in mind, though, that paintball can't read map files that aren't in IT'S pball directory. So, if you have a build 18 install and a build 16, you'll have to make sure that the maps you want are in the build 18 pball/maps directory.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 05:31:29 PM »
DL the map packs, remake your configs, make copies of each, and put them in a folder somewhere for all times.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:32:16 PM »
thanks, but i have the maps/configs in the pball directory of the build18 folder, so thats not it. should i still try the un/reinstall?

spook: map packs? theres a place i can download more than one at a time? are you talking map packs like those for halo2 where you get multiple maps in one, or just individual maps?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 05:40:56 PM »
Here are a couple of map packs, that contain many maps for you.

mappack_20061026.zip - 28M
pb2mappack.zip - 132MB

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 05:58:13 PM »
i deleted the entire paintball2 folder, saving the maps and configs to another folder.

if i download build18 full and install that, can i swap out the maps and configs that come with it, delete them and put the ones i had from before in there places? possibly they arent working bcuz i am using things i downloaded with build 16 full and trying to use them with build 18 full instead of build 18 update? it worked when i had the update and not the full version.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 06:10:28 PM »
you can use your old configs and maps, just copy and paste them over, thats what i did :P

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 08:13:18 PM »
thnx, it worked, and all i had to do was rewrite a few of my configs. i would have been screwed without you guys.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 08:31:56 PM »
it's no problem, i'm sure lekky feels the same way