Author Topic: Computer Problem  (Read 1015 times)

Olbaid

• Autococker
Computer Problem
« on: June 04, 2007, 11:21:32 PM »
Recently my computer keeps randomly shutting off.  At first I thought it was due from overheating, but I'm thinking its from a different cause since it always turns off right away when I first turn my computer on for the day.  After I reboot twice it's fine for a while then it randomly shuts off again.  Also, I don't know if this is related but my mouse has been "spazzing" quite frequently.  My old mouse used to do the same thing, so I doubt the cause is the mouse.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Spook

• Autococker
Re: Computer Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 11:37:14 PM »
Last time i saw something like that happen, my friend dan had something plugged into itself. After a night of randomly shutting itself off, it lit on fire. So.... good luck

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 11:38:33 PM »
Heh- something similar happened to me on my old, crappy computer, and I couldn't figure out at ALL what it was- until I figured out the power button was bad and constantly be just about half pressed down. And every once in a while, something would make it register as being pressed down instead of just being almost pressed down, and the computer was shut off.
Yeah, that was fun to figure out.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 11:44:39 PM »
lol @ Spook, that was great, two computer fires in one night.
Does it shut down before it gets into windows? I'd check your power setup, but if it's shutting down after it hits windows then try booting into safe mode. A common LAN party prank is putting scripts in the startup folder or in the registry that shut the computer down after it boots, you might have some virus or something that did the same thing. lawl

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 11:53:51 PM »
I had a bad fan that caused something similar.  At first it would startup, detect a bad CPU fan, then shut down.  When I'd hold the power to restart, that was the bypass I guess, because it would start, then the CPU would over heat and shut off.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 12:04:33 AM »
my mouse spazzes alot too.. i think its the mouse, but sometimes i will be running around in dp, and ill try to turn and it wont and ill just keep going straight? i dont know what to do either? whenever my computer acts up i kick it and it usually stops...

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 09:48:41 AM »
If you recently installed some updates from Windows, then Windows most likely made this happen. If this is the case then just do a quick system restore.

MaDMaN

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 04:41:07 PM »
there drew buy my pc for 400$ :D