Author Topic: Clan Organization Page  (Read 5541 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Clan Organization Page
« on: January 21, 2005, 12:12:23 PM »
This is something that really needs to be done, seeing the current state of clans and matches, but I'm rather tied up working on build14 and linux support, so maybe somebody can help me out here.

What I have in mind:
I'd like to be able to tie this into the forum database, so people could just use one username for both.  There would be a request page to create a clan, and the person who created it would be given the "clan leader" status and a new section/page for that clan would be added.

Each clan page would include: Clan name (obviously) with an optional clan logo;  General clan info (web site, irc channel, etc);  List of current members (leader(s) would be marked);  List of past members; "Requist scrimmage" and "Request match" links; Clan recruiting status (Open, closed, invite only); "Request tryout" link (if recruiting status is open).

So here's how membership management would work:  Person A creates Clan X and sets the recruiting status to "open."  Person B wants to join Clan X, so he clicks "Request tryout."  This notifies Person A and puts a link on his clan management page to "accept" or "reject" Person B.  Person B is then added to the Clan X member list.  Since Person A has the "leader" status, he can choose to remove Person B from the list at any time.  He cannot, however, add Person C to the clan if Person C didn't request to join.  Leaders can also appoint co-leaders who will then have the ability to manage members and coordinate matches.  A clan leader can't leave a clan without appointing somebody else as leader (since there's no way to manage a leaderless clan).  Of course, there will be admins to handle those types of situations if they arise.

Matches:  So somebody comes along and creates Clan Y and wants to challenge Clan X to a match.  The Clan Y leader will fill out a form designating:  Time/date, number of players, map, and a list of tie-breaker maps.  The Clan X leader(s) will then get a notification of the request and have the option to accept or reject the request.  If Clan X accepts, the leader will specify the map of their choice and choose a tiebreaker map from the list provided.  If the leader rejects it, there will be an optional text box to specify why.

After the match is played, each leader will add either a win or a loss to their record, with the option of adding the scores and other additional info (I'd like to be able to tie this into server stats eventually so the server would give a complete list of stats for each person who played).  If the clans are in agreement, a win and a loss is added to each clans public record accordingly.

Scrimmages would work the same way, except the results would not be made public, but the clan would have a private list of scrimmage results for review.

I think something like this would help out a lot with clan organization.  Anybody interested in helping out?

SixKiller

Re: Clan Organization Page
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 01:54:34 PM »
So you mean something like www.clanbase.com but then onely for this game?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 08:22:14 PM »
Perhaps.  I've never actually used clanbase.

SxKiller

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 06:16:02 AM »
a clan page look likes this http://www.clanbase.com/claninfo.php?cid=753948

i want maby help you with this.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 06:21:57 PM »
Perhaps we could use clanbase or something similar.  That would save the work of writing it from scratch... though it will be somewhat limiting.  We need to do something to get the clan scene more organized...

SixKiller

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 03:30:13 AM »
Clanbase is not a free script hehe would you have same script like them you got to pay  :-\  but maby there is something like that for free some where.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 12:03:07 PM »
I didn't see anything about having to pay on the FAQ there...

Heh, we need something like this for pb2: http://www.clanbase.com/cheaters.php

Is this euorpean only or something?  I don't see any American ladders - not even for America's Army, lol.

SixKiller

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 02:13:46 AM »
its for the hole world but not evry game has all ladders. You can request a ladder and if there is than enouf activety for it they wil make one

you can also add here the game http://www.clanbase.com/ladderpetition.php And then must vote evryone here on the game so they wil make the ladder ;)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 02:21:11 AM by SixKiller »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 01:48:29 PM »
Are any clans interested in doing this?

BigT

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 02:15:12 PM »
OOooOOoooO sounds like a good idea to mee!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 09:12:47 PM »
In the meantime there's always the wiki clans can use to organize things...