Author Topic: Snowmans CTF map RELEASE 2  (Read 4069 times)

Snowzaa

• PGP
Snowmans CTF map RELEASE 2
« on: October 08, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »
This is my first map I've made. This is just a map that can be used for CTF. It has a lot of barrels in the middle of the map. I also added a secret pathway to each side of the map (I bet you you could probably find it  ;D ).
Have any ideas? post a comment down below and I will see what I can do. Sorry if the images don't show my website might be down.
IN RELEASE 2: I have added barrels and 2 jump ramps to the "secret pathway" and I've added another secret (and you literally can't see it!). I've also added sniper towers for each base. So if you want more keep the ideas rolling in!
DOWNLOAD:http://adf.ly/XCsig
RELEASE 2: http://adf.ly/XYzos

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:26:44 PM by snowman12357 »

FusSioN

• Autococker
Re: Snowmans CTF map
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 11:23:58 PM »
I found the pathway in the scrnshot haha =)

Snowzaa

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 01:18:36 AM »
kewl  ;)

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 07:10:15 AM »
Not bad for a first-ever map. A few things:
-This map is a little too simple for my taste.
-You should get the HR4 texture pack for in-game textures. This will not affect the map at all but it will enhance your paintball2 experience a ton.
-The secret pathway is too narrow and is not much fun. You should make it wider and add a few barrels or other obstacles in there.
-In this map's current state, it will not make the top 10 list for "best maps of all time". But if you keep working with BSP and spend a lot of time with your maps, eventually one of your maps might be so good that it will be considered an all-time great. Remember: DT, Cuso, Clipz, JopeZz, etc. were all noob mappers at some point.

nook!e

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 01:46:24 PM »
This map looks great for a first map looks great :D GJ !

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »
This on is good for a first timer..

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »
Correct.
I love the big old "secret passage" smack in the middle of everything ;D.

Snowzaa

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »
Not bad for a first-ever map. A few things:
-This map is a little too simple for my taste.
-You should get the HR4 texture pack for in-game textures. This will not affect the map at all but it will enhance your paintball2 experience a ton.
-The secret pathway is too narrow and is not much fun. You should make it wider and add a few barrels or other obstacles in there.
-In this map's current state, it will not make the top 10 list for "best maps of all time". But if you keep working with BSP and spend a lot of time with your maps, eventually one of your maps might be so good that it will be considered an all-time great. Remember: DT, Cuso, Clipz, JopeZz, etc. were all noob mappers at some point.
First of all this was just a sort of a map that I used to test some of my skills like the surface properties etc.
Second of all, dont't you pick whether you wan't HR4 textures ingame?
In the next update, I will add obstacles in the passage way and I might add little sniper towers.
It wasn't intended to be the best map ever (plus i'm only 11   :) ), but for my future good quality ones, I will try to make the lighting less artificial but I had trouble with the Aghrad sun.
Btw I love your neon map ;)

Snowzaa

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »
Lol I gave away the secret passage by the overhead view.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 10:38:42 PM »
Lol I gave away the secret passage by the overhead view.
Well, thanks for that. It's no longer a secret. It's just a hidden passage now haha.

Snowzaa

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 08:38:13 PM »
What else should I add to the map? I've added some barrels the the "secret pathway" ;) not released yet. what else?