Author Topic: Celestial Impact  (Read 732 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Celestial Impact
« on: July 10, 2007, 11:56:06 PM »
http://www.celestialimpact.com/

Kind of an interesting game.  You're on an asteroid and one of the weapons can dig or create, so you can dig tunnels into the ground or build hills or kill people by burying them.  I couldn't find any servers, but it's fun to just play around with.

Cobo

• Autococker
Re: Celestial Impact
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 12:12:07 AM »
Yeah, I was just talking about it on IRC, saw it on quakesrc.
Its really cool, too bad that it ran so slow on my computer :-\

Also, the game looks like its based on a quake engine, yet it doesnt have any license at all. :-\ Shouldnt all quake based engines should be GPL when you dont buy it?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 01:12:11 AM »
I believe you're right about the Quake engine, looks like Q3 to me.   I wonder why there is no mention of the engine at all, and much more, the license.

Edit:

Interesting, the lead programmer game designer wrote at ModDB:

"It is a custom engine developed by us. Maps are done ingame with the dirtgun and some special commands to paint different materials. Thats mostly all to it, we will write a more detailed howto so anyone can easily make maps."

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 01:22:31 AM »
Yeah, I'm willing to bet that its a Quake3 engine. It has a console, the command names are almost the same, that pack file is just a zip file with game data on it (just like pk3) it has a dll named game_x86...