Author Topic: NEW MAP - Above Roof  (Read 2334 times)

Pimp

NEW MAP - Above Roof
« on: May 31, 2005, 01:37:04 PM »
ive made again a new map

have a look at it: ab_floor.bsp

thanks pimp

Pimp

Re: NEW MAP - Above Roof
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 01:55:51 PM »
and there are few scrshots: I like this windows...

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 06:54:08 PM »
Eeeew. Crouching places. ;)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 12:40:48 PM »
Ok, first off, when releasing a map for public testing, always use some kind of "beta" extension, like ab_floor_beta1, or ab_floor_b1.  That way when you go back and fix things, you won't have multiple versions of the same map floating around with the same filename, and so people know to give feedback.

I assume from the small spawn room that this is supposed to be a 1v1 map?  I'm not sure if I like the flag placement.  While it's possible to use some trick jumps to get up there, new players (or old players unskilled at jumping) will be forced to use the ladder, which means it's pretty much impossible for them to grab the flag if an enemy is in the base.  Also, the ramp to the tower thing blocks the left side of the ladder, so you need to put a clip brush around that or change it so that's not an issue.

The barrels pretty much everywhere have funky texture alignment.  Most also seem too fat.  The metal plate bunker is kind of... odd.  You should probably make it more like something you'd see on a real paintball field, or at the very least scale/align the textures so that the edge of the plates line up with the edges of the bunker/window.

eiii: please make more constructive posts.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 05:37:38 PM »
as we were testing this map this evening, i was telling pimp some of the stuff you wrote here, jitspoe. I also dont like the flag position, and the base is too crowded, so it most likely will be fairly easy to defend, making it a rather boring game with few or no caps.

Another point we found out is probably some leaks in the map, we werent sure about that:
it happens only in observer mode, but as you jump towards the ladder on the flagside, you will drop out of the map into the black "paintball heaven" :) I think this might be related to the automated doors or a leak near the ladders, but it happens on both bases.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 12:11:47 PM »
Ah, probably the doors -- observer mode is set up to teleport you through doors so you can wander around the map and not get stuck in a spawn room.  Depending on your position, it probably teleports you through the door and all the way through the bottom of the map.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 04:50:19 PM »
Not bad, from pics it looks actually decent!

-Termin8oR