Author Topic: New Model Format  (Read 14170 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Re: New Model Format
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2005, 05:23:45 PM »
Yeah so what kind of game do you want Jitspoe.    :)

Where  I come from calling someone a "camper" is fighting words.   >:(

Me pro-camper? or camping pro? I coined the phrase "Rush or Die"  I perfer the  run and gun games like q2 wod or rail wars but I can hang with the best of them when it comes to camping.

Who has the "all time flag captures" in dp hard to say but its either Me, Mut or Voodoo@large...? Why would that be, how did we gain this status hmmm by not FREAKING-CAMPING maybe who knows.   

Now leave me alone before you give me STD's. :)

To clear up the learning questions jitspoe? It should only made available when to a person is stationary.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2005, 05:26:09 PM »
Well, here's the ultimate plan: two distinct gameplay styles: realistic and arcade.  Arcade would be what we have now where you jump around at 70mph and do insane jumps.  Realistic would be more like the half-life mod, where you move slowly and can lean and whatnot.  In fact, I might even see if we can join forces to make a top notch standalone game.

Before we can do a realistic mode, however, the core engine needs a LOT of work.  So, in short, "Maybe some day, but not today."

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2005, 06:01:15 PM »
Do you perfer to have mods or one combined game?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2005, 06:04:11 PM »
It would be one game with settings and/or maps which will specify realistic or arcade mode.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2005, 05:43:11 PM »
kewl

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2005, 09:45:30 PM »
lioal... to be honest, I love how you set yourself on a platform in terms of DP skills... quite amusing... heh...

but yea jits I was going to point out the HL mod -- in fact, i wasn't even sure that I wanted to post my last post in fear of getting flamed for whatever reason....

back at lioal again: I think we both agree on gameplay... so please don't let ego get involved... i don't want to start a complaining fest with you -- but man oh man do i want to -- so bad... we all know who pwns here... ;)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2005, 03:54:12 PM »
Egowhip :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2005, 06:53:39 PM »
Well, here's the ultimate plan: two distinct gameplay styles: realistic and arcade. Arcade would be what we have now where you jump around at 70mph and do insane jumps. Realistic would be more like the half-life mod, where you move slowly and can lean and whatnot. In fact, I might even see if we can join forces to make a top notch standalone game.

Before we can do a realistic mode, however, the core engine needs a LOT of work. So, in short, "Maybe some day, but not today."
How bout "FREAKING NEVER!!!". I'm not as opposed to this as I sound, but if I wanted realistic, i'd play the half-life mod. And, what happened to not splitting the community?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2005, 09:44:04 PM »
The objective there would be not to split the community, but to bring in a new community.  We'd have the current people who like the arcade style, then we could bring in a bunch of new people who like  something a little slower paced.

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2005, 09:27:21 PM »
jits: i don't think mixing the two games is that smart... maybe... like... the development and community would be one... but I bet the majority would favor one flavor of the game (arcade or realistic) over the other... and if you combine the two into one game... that would be just... doesn't seem to flow... maybe... 2 separate installs...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2005, 12:09:53 PM »
It wouldn't really be any different than mods for a single game that completely change the gameplay.  Like urban terror for Quake3 -- they're both Quake3, yet... very different.  From a development perspective it'd just be easier to keep them both combined because 99% of the stuff will be the same; it's just the player movement that would be different.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2005, 09:21:29 PM »
From a development perspective it'd just be easier to keep them both combined because 99% of the stuff will be the same; it's just the player movement that would be different.

true. the physics and general movement would be different.  I don't see why maps or textures or models or anything should be different.  yea. i agree with that statement.

IMO -- one combined game.