Author Topic: Are you satisfied with the rebellion?  (Read 5907 times)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Are you satisfied with the rebellion?
« on: January 03, 2008, 03:00:20 PM »
I'm really starting to get annoyed with people trying to change the comittee members under the false pretense of asking if people are satisfied. We as a community elected them. Live with it please. Instead of crying about things in the forums why not come up with a set of guidelines for term of office? Then submit that to the committee for a vote and have it instated. Sorry... sometimes people just need to vent and stand up for the greater good of his entertainment.

FlaMe

• Autococker
Re: Are you satisfied with the rebellion?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 03:03:15 PM »
if youre referring to me or anyone... the voting was flawed and a popularity contest... idc anyway. let the polls be... i think ive heard this argument youve made at least 20 times.

not trying to be rude im just saying nobody is attacking them right now. especially by making a poll

Bling

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 03:07:11 PM »
I think one post about whether people like the committee or what they are doing rather than 500 seperate polls.  It isn't an attack in my eyes.  You are entitled to your opinion and sometimes people don't like to hear what your opinion is.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 03:08:47 PM »
everything in digitalpaint that involves voting is allways "push polled" if you dont know what that is then you are a sheep!

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 03:09:23 PM »
or a wolf.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 03:09:57 PM »
Its great for people to challenge the Committee, it helps The Committee refine their processes, and if they get something wrong, to understand why they got something wrong and amend their ways in the future.

However, I'm sure im not the only one that feels as if some dumb people have all of a sudden tried to "make their name" in this game by causing a ruckus, for little apparent reason other than to argue.

Flip, thank you for trying to put this into perspective, I wish I could thank others, but they have gone too far down the wrong path, otherwise they'd be spot on.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 03:11:57 PM »
I think one post about whether people like the committee or what they are doing rather than 500 seperate polls.  It isn't an attack in my eyes.  You are entitled to your opinion and sometimes people don't like to hear what your opinion is.

this is why we let you pick heads or tails in the darkness cup finals. lmfao <3 you bling

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 07:07:27 PM »
I heart this thread title. So hard.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 02:43:14 AM »
Rage Against The Machine I thought as I saw the thread ftw.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 10:08:38 AM »
Popular people are popular for a reason. More than not it is because they have a way of connecting with people that others do not. The committee is just like any other democracy. They vote to make decisions and just like every other democracy some of those will be the wrong ones. It happens. The general public can challenge those decisions based upon their own beliefs. All of this is fine. What is not fine is the way you address those challenges. There are a few committee members I do not care for but I will continue to support them because it is for the greater good. The principle of having a committee is one of the best ideas we as a community have had. Now to say that it is a perfect and well oiled machine is another matter but, you can not expect it to run smoothly from the beginning. Look at each and every country in this world. New laws and regulations are made constantly to change the society. I remember when I could smoke anywhere in this darn world. Slowly it started to change. Now I have to go freeze in the winter just to grab some nicotine. If you hold yourself to being a person with descent morals, good character, willingness not to be a complete idiot who maliciously attacks fellow players with hateful, rude, and racist remarks or deliberately acts out to get attention by doing the wrong thing then the committee would never need to pass judgment on you. Most of their time could be spent on game play and other things to better improve our experience. Instead they spend a great amount of time sentencing people who should have common sense enough to just play the game. Isn't this why it is free to play jits? So people could enjoy something you created? Enjoy the game for what it is... a game. Play the game. Don't attack people verbally, morally, or any other way. Just play the game.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 10:15:39 AM »
+1 for the thread topic... I noticed three "are you satisified..." threads in my 8 pages of unread posts... good grief

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 10:27:18 AM »
Asking questions about the committee, and the way they do what they do is cool.

Wish we could let everyone see the committee thread and see what and how we do our thing.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 10:33:42 AM »
Asking questions about the committee, and the way they do what they do is cool.

Wish we could let everyone see the committee thread and see what and how we do our thing.

I noticed that you stated in the "other" thread that the discussions contain a lot of personal information. If that is a correct statement then why not have an edited version? It doesn't have to be right away, as ya'll are discussing the issue. You could edit it after the fact then post it for viewing. This way people can see how decisions are made and how much time you waste each day reviewing things that could be avoided all together.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 10:35:47 AM »
That's a great idea!

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 10:36:13 AM »
ty sir

Bling

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 12:50:26 PM »
That is a good idea just to let people have a glimpse of the daily life of someone on the committee.  However, sometimes certain ban discussions, if they were posted (If I read what you were talking about right this would be included?) would be such a flame fest I think because they all may not like the way one person sides or whatever.  Like recently we have had 2 or 3 "known" players with multiple accounts and I saw nothing about people complaining about the committee until i saw these.  So obviously, in my eyes people don't like the outcome, not siding or saying the outcome is fair or unfair, it is all on how the outcome affects you I guess.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 02:47:14 PM »
simple ... lock the thread. maybe if they see their friends voting against them they will start to realize that they're morons.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 03:04:20 PM »
simple ... lock the thread.
That hasn't helped much recently.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 06:56:09 PM »
That hasn't helped much recently.
If you think about it jits, after a punishment is given out to a player regardless they always complain and whine so it will happen either way. Locking the thread will keep people from replying on it directly. If they start a new thread who really cares? The person would even if the committee's discussion is made public. It would at least bring some support to them as a group.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 03:16:45 AM »
Any group charged with discipline will be disliked by some.