Author Topic: BSP Help  (Read 1286 times)

Bleach

BSP Help
« on: July 30, 2007, 11:51:37 PM »
What? Confused?

Step 3 - BSP Directory Settings
As directed by the INSTALLING (read this!).txt file, open up bsp\pball2\game.ini in notepad or the editor of your choice.  You should be able to double click on it to open it.  Edit|Replace "c:\bsp" with wherever you ended up putting bsp.  For example, if you extracted the zip to your D: drive, replace it with "d:\bsp".  If you put it in c:\program files, replace it with "c:\program files\bsp".  Next open up bsp\pball2\quake2\pball\compilers\rad.bat and do the same thing.

Confused I don't get it?  open up bsp\pball2\game.ini? Which one is game.ini?
bats, entity, quake 2, wad, color map.pcx (PXC File), game (Configuration Settings), pb2e.pal (PAL FILE), Whatever.pak (PAK Files)?

Which one is game.ini?

Step 4 - Paintball2 Directory Settings
If paintball2 is installed to c:\games\paintball2, skip to step 5.

Open up bsp\quake2\pball\compilers\runmap.bat in notepad, or your editor of choice.  You should be able to right click on the file and select "edit".  Otherwise File|Open it from notepad.  Edit|Replace "c:\games\paintball2" with wherever paintball2 is installed to.  Also, if paintball2 is not installed on your c:\ drive, replace the line containing "c:" with the appropriate drive letter.

I'm Confused Please someone help?

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

"Confused?>Bsp ????Help!!!!" .. not a good title choice! -y00tz
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 12:33:17 AM by y00tz »

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: BSP Help
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 12:36:12 AM »
EDIT: Its this one...
game (Configuration Settings)

As for the second part, where did you install Paintball 2?  What's it say at the top? It should be something like c:/games/paintball2/  find out, then post back.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 09:00:57 AM »
Did you installed the BSP from here or from the official site?

game.ini should be located in <bsp install directory>\pball2\game.ini

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 09:03:47 AM »
Did you installed the BSP from here or from the official site?

game.ini should be located in <bsp install directory>\pball2\game.ini

I considered that he has 0.96 or whatever, but it does not matter.  If you read, he sees it... he just has the suffix turned off.  In Windows XP home, It'll just say "game" and will have a config icon, and will say "Configuration Settings" below the file name.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 09:06:50 AM »
I considered that he has 0.96 or whatever, but it does not matter.  If you read, he sees it... he just has the suffix turned off.  In Windows XP home, It'll just say "game" and will have a config icon, and will say "Configuration Settings" below the file name.
Hm? I'm pretty sure you can change that setting in all Windows OS.
There's an option that allows you to see the extension on files.
But then again, I dont use XP home.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 09:07:36 AM »
.. You can change the setting... it's off by default.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 10:49:21 PM »
... Which is really stupid on Microsoft's part.  Anybody can make an executable with a media player icon and the average user won't know the difference.

Bleach: What you want to do is this.  In the explorer window go to |Tools|Folder Options|View and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".  Then hit [Apply to all folders] and [OK].  The file should then show up as "game.ini".