Author Topic: Friend Gets Error  (Read 1256 times)

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
Friend Gets Error
« on: November 25, 2005, 08:26:37 PM »
this is the error he gets when he tries to run DP. GLimp_EndFrame() - SwapBuffers()failed!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Friend Gets Error
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 08:53:47 PM »
Tell him to update his drivers (check the docs section for details).  If that doesn't work, I've tried adding a workaround to build 16 (which isn't finished yet).  Maybe that will work.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 08:30:37 AM »
Sorry for bringing back the dead, but I've been battling this with Terri's onboard video driver the past week as well.  DP used to run perfectly a couple weeks ago and now it doesn't run at all.  Tried old drivers, new drivers, still looking for the manufacture drivers(I don't know the manufacture so really I'm looking for the mobo box) but nothing seems to be working.  The only thing I can think of would be that I installed DirectX 9.0c with another game recently, but I tried disabling Direct3D with dxdiag and that didn't improve things.  If I uninstall the graphics drivers completely, it creates the 'You do not have an OpenGL card installed error...'.  Within display properties it shows the S3 Driver specific tabs for the KM400/KN400 S3G Unichrome display adapter.  The information tab shows the proper versions of all the drivers (Including OpenGL ICD) are installed and match up.  The HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Opengldriver\ appears to be the correct vticd.dll driver.
I'll keep trying to see what I come up with though.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 03:15:26 PM »
I've completely removed this error report from build 16.  Or rather, instead of making it have a fatal error and stop the game, it just prints the message to the console.  I'm not sure what effect that will have, but maybe it will fix the issue.  Worst case, it still won't work.

BlaSTa

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 12:39:57 AM »
I get that error when I alt/tab out of the game.  I have dual monitors and just assumed it had something to do with that.  I previously could alt/tab out with dual monitors but would occasionally get that error when trying to start pball.  I would reinstall the old drivers and it would work again for quite a while.  Finally after a windows update I could no longer get the game to start untill I removed the 2nd monitor. Since then I've upgraded both video cards and use current drivers, and don't alt/tab.  Also other programs like pokerstars will cause the error for me when they pop to the topscreen.
  I'm using build 14, AGP 6800GT and PCI 5200FX cards.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 07:28:36 PM »
ya lol when i alt-tab out and go back in its a white screen so i ctrl-alt-del and shut it off, then it gives me that glimp error. its not a problem tho cuz i dont usually tab-alt out.