Author Topic: Ubuntu Linux Install Help  (Read 6716 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Ubuntu Linux Install Help
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 07:27:44 PM »
I've been away on vacation, so no.  Still catching up on things, so it'll probably be a while yet.

DOOF

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2007, 05:59:19 AM »
Ok, thanks for the update.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 02:09:05 PM »
http://dplogin.com/files/clients/linux/paintball2_build019_linux_64bit_patch.tar.gz

Extract this over your build 19 full install.  No guarantees, but I got it to run on an Ubuntu 64bit livecd for a couple of maps.  It didn't have X-Fi drivers, so I have no idea if sound works or not.

A couple notes:
- On the first load, it may take a really long time to come up -- like several minutes.  For some reason, the random number generation in linux is really, really slow, but I think the more activity you have (keyboard strokes, mouse movement, etc.) the faster it goes.  After the initial load, it should be fine.
- The game may crash when changing video modes then typing at the console.  Not sure why this is, but if you change your video settings then quit via the menu, it will save them and you can load it back up again with your preferred settings.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 05:05:34 PM »
but I think the more activity you have (keyboard strokes, mouse movement, etc.) the faster it goes.

Hehe, I think that's the case with everything on a computer :P  I wonder if there's psychological evidence of it...

DOOF

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 08:22:29 AM »
I've had some problems with the video mode changing earlier too, so I'm very careful with them. Thank you a lot for your effort! I'm off to test the patch now.

DOOF

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 08:46:24 AM »
Oh yes, it works! Big up to Jitspoe!

yossarianuk

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 12:11:23 PM »
Hi.

I can confirm it also works in my 64 bit Gentoo installation.

;D