Author Topic: Lagging due to tricklife.com modifications  (Read 3457 times)

DeadZero0

• Stingray
Lagging due to tricklife.com modifications
« on: September 05, 2007, 03:05:49 PM »
 I was wondering if you could help me. I'm not sure why but lately my DP has been really lagging badly, my ping is only like 40-90 though and I'm lagging horribly. Is there a way you could help me? It started lagging after I tried this thing from Tricklife.com. The website itself is good. Most just be that one thing that messed me up.

http://www.tricklife.com/view.php?id=1293

Is the website, don't worry it's not a virus, just a video.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:33:52 PM by Cameron »

coLa

• Autococker
Re: Help from DP members please
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 03:08:14 PM »
try and do a system restore to a date before you installed that onto your computer.

DeadZero0

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 03:52:43 PM »
I never installed anything i just ran through all the stuff the video showed. =/

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 04:29:38 PM »
virus?

DeadZero0

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 06:25:50 PM »
I don't think so, everything else is running ok. That's why I'm confused. But what did happen i shut my comp. off for about a night, the next day when i turned it on it would go to the screen and it said, an error occurred whatever and i could to chose to start comp in safe mode, or run windows normally or just go to the last working point. I chose ran normally and last working time and it kept taking me back to that screen. Finally I used my norton go back thing and after like 5 more tries my comp started working.

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 08:01:40 PM »
do you have vista?

DeadZero0

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 08:13:34 PM »
WindowsXP, I don't really thing Vista would really affect DP anyways.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 08:18:20 PM »
Most of the stuff in that video is crap. >_> Feel free to undo it all, but it sounds like you just have really bad packet loss.

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 08:18:32 PM »
try and do a system restore to a date before you installed that onto your computer.

I never installed anything i just ran through all the stuff the video showed. =/

do a system restore to a date before you made the changes shown in the video -- use system restore instead of norton

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 08:19:26 PM »
You don't even have to do a system restore. Just undo everything you did in that video.

DeadZero0

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
You don't even have to do a system restore. Just undo everything you did in that video.

I did that now, but the game is still having this lag. My ping was 70-80.  So now what?

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 09:29:42 PM »
do a system restore to a date before you made the changes shown in the video -- use system restore instead of norton

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 09:39:50 PM »
If the ONLY possible thing it could be are the steps that took place in that video, then you shouldn't do a system restore if you've undone them. When you're getting this lag, (assuming it's network lag) bring down the console and type 'netgraph 1'. If the white graph at the bottom of the screen stays low, then your packets are getting through. But, if there are a lot of spikes or large blocks, you're dropping packets. Could we get some information on your network/internet setup?

DeadZero0

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 03:03:32 PM »
Hey, I got it fixed thanks for the help. It's running mainly smooth, except for like a random second of lag. The white bar at the bottem, was pretty low. I undid everything, and I have DSL the good one.