Author Topic: admins  (Read 1666 times)

mrfoods

• Stingray
admins
« on: August 18, 2007, 11:47:11 PM »
ok i own a server u might have seen it (taz's server) and i was wonderning how do u make admins?

Krewzer

• Stingray
Re: admins
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 01:29:42 AM »
That's what the passwords at the bottom of your server.cfg are for.  For example, the "oppass3level 100" admin can perform up to level 100 commands. The commands.txt can be found in /pball/configs.  The commands.txt can be edited for both commands and the level in which who can use them.

mrfoods

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 12:32:16 PM »
im sorry but i did not understand could u mabye put it in simpler form? ???

UltraByte

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 12:59:57 PM »
In your server file (the coding for it), at the bottom, there's going to be some coding that Krewzer mentioned. In the quotes, put a password in for you to use.

Now, whenever you're in the game, you can use the Log In function to make yourself able to warn or boot players and stuff. Keep in mind that certain things need a certain level of Adminship, so make your level 150 or above.

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 06:26:22 PM »
Question: you want someone to have partial or total control of your server by remote connection.

Answer: You set your passwords in the server.cfg file (the file that you set the server to Taz's Server) and give them the password for the level you want them to have.  That person connects to the server and types: login password

After logging in, that person can use all commands up to the  op level that you gave them.  Probably not clearer but maybe be more specific about what part you're having trouble with.

deathwolf

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 08:36:57 PM »
i need serious help i cant set my admin pass i dont know where!!!! help me
 :'(