Author Topic: Yet another complain about a server admin.  (Read 1545 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
Yet another complain about a server admin.
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:46:35 PM »
I'm kidding, you guys do a great job, thanks for keeping a server up - it's more than most people will ever do to promote this game.

Next time someone plans on whining about how abusive an admin is, or how bad a server is, consider if the EV1, OTB, GT, and ch1ll servers all pull the plug.  What would we have?  A few DSL and cable servers?  Honestly, only 20 or so die hards would play (if the servers could even handle them without incredible lag).

Without the service of all these people paying bandwidth bills for servers, this game would be nothing.  If I started Paintball 2 years ago and saw 9 people online between 4 servers, I'd be working hard on some other open-source game,

-y00tz

Reaver

• Stingray
Re: Yet another complain about a server admin.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 04:50:43 PM »
I never said anything about not appreciating what they do for the community but its little things that they could easily stop doing that would make them 1) much more liked 2) much less complained about on the forums for their abusive behavior towards other players. shouldnt they fall under the same judgement as every other player? if some1 like skater does these things every1 jumps on the bandwagon hating him and wanting it fixed but not them?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 04:53:13 PM »
I never said anything about not appreciating what they do for the community

Relax, this thread isn't for you :D

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 06:19:33 PM »
I'm kidding, you guys do a great job, thanks for keeping a server up - it's more than most people will ever do to promote this game.

Sounded odd you where gonna complain about server admins, or anything for that matter. :P

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 04:39:12 AM »
* KnacK grabs the big spoon from y00tz

QUIT STIRRING THE POT!!!!

;D

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 01:02:10 PM »
i just have my little ten person server up every once i na while just to throw down in a small crowd lol. No nut seriously without otb and gt i would be screwed over big time.

Thanks,
Ace

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 07:21:37 AM »
Good point, but I don't think a thread should have been made for it :P

(Or perhaps other stuff)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 10:38:35 AM »
i just have my little ten person server up every once i na while just to throw down in a small crowd lol. No nut seriously without otb and gt i would be screwed over big time.

Thanks,
Ace

i'm the same. i once posted about snipen's highly undisciplined use of the ban feature but after the sense ya'll bashed into me i just deal with it. on a note i was in a clan server the other day (PR) i think and a member was admin killin the opposing team to "even the score" and the actual owner threatened to take away his privileges. :)   GJ