Author Topic: Attention: jitspoe: Partial Name Searching on the GLS  (Read 1170 times)

KiLo

• Autococker
Attention: jitspoe: Partial Name Searching on the GLS
« on: September 11, 2007, 03:08:01 PM »
So I was trying to help this guy on why he couldn't use his clan tag with his nick. I figured his forum name and GLS name where the same so I went to search it. Well I came up with nothing.

Then I decided to try and search for myself; I searched "candy" for my nick candyman and came up with nothing. The I searched "candyman" and my profile popped up as a result.

With all that said I was wondering if partial name searching could be implemented in the GLS, considering something like this is already on the clan portion of the GLS.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Attention: jitspoe: Partial Name Searching on the GLS
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 05:09:08 PM »
It was originally done this way, but sometimes you'd end up with a ton of false positives (especially with short names).  I could put a check box or something there for partial matches, I guess.  It'll probably be a while before I get to it, though.  You might want to vote for it in the feature request thread.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:21:33 PM »
i also think you should be able to use multiple variations of a name you have registered. although i think this would cause too much trouble or may be too much of a hassle. example: i have the name coLa regged and i would like to use just the letter "c". or one of my old names was papabear and i would only like to use the first part which is "papa" instead of registering a whole new name. idk its just an idea.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 06:11:36 PM »
cola theres no way that could be implemented!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 06:18:44 PM »
That's a bit much. Just register C or Papa or whatever. ;)