Author Topic: Office Space - A map  (Read 3795 times)

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Re: Office Space - A map
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 07:17:11 AM »
Steeb, first from the screen shot I couldn't really tell it was only a vent sorry.
Second make your own custom textures if you don't like the ones you already have if you don't know how take some pics of the textures you want and PM them to y00tz I'm sure he wouldn't mind making them I would do it but y00tz is far more skilled then me in this.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »
No offense, but you might want to start a new map.  Unless you somehow make this map look amazing, no one is going to want to play it.  Right now it doesn't look too hot and I'm sure the game play is even worse.  You would be best to use your time working on a new idea.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 08:24:35 PM »
Idk, I want to play the beta first.. speaking of which, it's been 2 days..

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 08:46:28 PM »

seconded, and with a beta i could run through it and probably give you more detail as to which textures would look nicer.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 02:20:35 PM »
Agreed completely.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
First I have to set up all the worldspawn entity stuff, and I haven't had any time with soccer (football) and honors classes... I'll get it on here as soon as possible, though.

Darkness: No offense taken, but I mostly was just going to play DM with my friends on this map anyway. Almost all of my map ideas are from friends who just want something quickly made to play 2v2's or whatever on. I really don't care how many people will want to play it, since I know none of my maps will ever be nearly as popular as ub_cliff, razzle, seigecastle, etc....

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 12:15:39 AM »
You'll probably need a lot of custom textures to pull this off well.  Hardly any of the stock textures look right in an office setting.  Some of the CTP textures might get you by, but you may want to hold out for some better texture sources. and spend some time getting your scales and proportions better.

Map at the moment looks terrible and needs to be re-textured and have a total new design.
What happened to the old termi who used to say every map looked awesome, even if it was... well, not? :)  Either way, try to make your criticism more constructive.