Author Topic: Linux Version Soon?  (Read 2499 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Linux Version Soon?
« on: January 16, 2005, 10:22:27 PM »
I successfully installed Debian on my laptop and I'm attempting to compile a linux version now.  We'll see how that turns out. :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Linux Version Soon?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 04:29:48 PM »
Well, I got it as far as to compile and load up a blank screen....

dieter

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 10:56:04 AM »
hi i  want to  play paintball 2 on my suse 9.2 with wine but there cames a error  couldnĀ“t load colormap.pcx ore something  plz help

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 11:52:36 AM »
I assume you're trying to run this through wine as the linux version isn't done yet.  You're either: a) running it with the wrong working directory and it can't find the images, or b) trying to run the update patch instead of the full version.

[eR33t]XBain

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 11:12:25 PM »
I had some minor issues running the game as a normal user on my Gentoo desktop with nvidia-glx drivers.
./paintball2 was failing while trying to load libGL.so
I created a link to the libGL.so in my /usr/lib/opengl/nvidia/ directory and it worked fine.

On another note, I encountered two bugs and one inconvenience dating back from my days of an admin on linux servers.
-The binds associated to kp_* only work on my configuration(MS Internet Keyboard, default keyboard driver, XOrg) when numlocks is off.
-Backspace/Delete only work one character per press(cannot hold it to delete multiple characters.
-Filenames are case sensitive - a real pain for multi-cased map names :(

Other than that I can say that the client runs great on my system just like it did on my previous XP system.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 11:18:47 PM »
Filenames being case sensitive is a problem with the OS -- I don't think there's anything I can do about that.  I've just been making all the map names lowercase.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 11:54:05 PM »
I had some minor issues running the game as a normal user on my Gentoo desktop with nvidia-glx drivers.
./paintball2 was failing while trying to load libGL.so
I created a link to the libGL.so in my /usr/lib/opengl/nvidia/ directory and it worked fine.

On another note, I encountered two bugs and one inconvenience dating back from my days of an admin on linux servers.
-The binds associated to kp_* only work on my configuration(MS Internet Keyboard, default keyboard driver, XOrg) when numlocks is off.
-Backspace/Delete only work one character per press(cannot hold it to delete multiple characters.
-Filenames are case sensitive - a real pain for multi-cased map names :(

Other than that I can say that the client runs great on my system just like it did on my previous XP system.

Sorry this is way of topic and might be rude but do you still play?
Thanks Bainer for your responce.

[eR33t]XBain

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 01:43:08 AM »
Continuing off topic...
I recently graduated from college and do my part in society by working 37.5 hours a week for a large canadian bank doing IT support for a lot of different platforms.  I'm living in a nicer neighborhood in a burb outside the metropolis with my girlfriends and some classmates from college and they manage to take up most of my time.
eR33t is still accepting matches, but there isn't the competition these days.  I play the occassional pub server but I don't really enjoy the atmosphere.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 03:28:59 AM »
... with my girlfriends ...
Argh! Don't hog all the women!  Some of us don't even have one girlfriend!

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 03:33:24 AM »
I just missed waxing you with out bainers little helpers :)

Last Friday was system admins day in America. Imagine the complexity of getting a customer care units tied in with SBC and ATT lan/wan accounts converted to a Unified messaging platfrom that is email based and fax receivable/sendable bah . Ty Bain I thought you were dead, as if  matters I respected you as a non cheater. Maybe you just suck. :) play  more public and if you don't explain in what circumstances you would. I would be glad to see leet geeks abound in dp besides frye and taco whom I consider good but not the orignal leet geek sqaud.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 09:51:19 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:15:44 PM by IronFist »