Author Topic: Map 314 ; Need decompiling help.  (Read 1977 times)

blaa

• Autococker
Map 314 ; Need decompiling help.
« on: October 05, 2007, 04:45:25 AM »
 The map I want someone to decompile for me is made by me, but I lost the .map file somehow. I have some decompiler, but that is unable to decompile maps with models. Viciouz tried to help me once, but im 2dumb. So if anyone wants to help me then please go ahead and PM me the url to .map file.
http://scythe.planet.ee/314.bsp

I plan to redo most of the map. Except the islands. I tried to make the islands again, but I couldnt make them as good as they are on this version.

Thanks thanks thanks for anyone who helps me :).

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
Re: Map 314 ; Need decompiling help.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 05:35:59 AM »
hmm, I couldnt decompile it either.

however, you might want to open the .bsp in wordpad, scroll to the bottom and delete all the entity's for the leaf models. ie everything between and including the corresponding '{ }'s, then try and decompile it.

Ive got to rush out or I'd try it now, if you haven't responded when I get back I'll give it a go and edit this if it works.

- Dagless

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 05:47:47 AM »
 Got the same error after deleting plant entities. After that I deleted everything after {worldspawn stuff. But still no luck. Most of the .txt was like chinese when you dont have chinese language pack installed to your computer :P.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 08:06:36 AM »
I removed the models but still got an error...
Code: [Select]
LoadBSPFile: Odd lump size
GetLastError() = 0
No idea why I get that error though.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 08:42:40 AM »
ahh yeah, i get the same error as Apoc. I've no idea what it means either, so I guess you're out of luck blaa :(

- Dagless

FourthX

• Developer
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 09:03:10 AM »
When you remove model entities it does not remove the model's brush info from the bsp. thats what the odd lump size is (probably). This goes for any kind of brush model like func_walls or elevators, I'm not so sure about the addon models like the plants.

FtX