Author Topic: Tablet PC Question  (Read 877 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
Tablet PC Question
« on: November 14, 2007, 12:11:22 PM »
I'm looking at buying this tablet: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion-12-1-Touch-screen-Entertainment-Laptop-TX1320US/sem/rpsm/oid/191729/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I broke my last one by dropping it, but this time I'm buying one, not work, so I'm getting a cheapy.  Does HP make good laptops, and has anyone ever used this model?

Thanks,
y00tz

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: Tablet PC Question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 12:14:32 PM »
I've never used a tablet PC until a couple weeks ago at a friend's parents' house, and it happenned to be this one.  It's pretty slick, but I was just too impressed with the typical features of a tablet PC, rather than what would set it apart from others or how well it works.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 03:40:43 PM »
I believe I saw one the other day when looking up a pic of my laptop for fl1p but can't seem to find it again but I'll to a bit more searching and get back to you.
Edit: Nope different type just looked similar as to your other questin hp laptops work extremely well from my experiences .

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 06:58:56 PM »
Thanks guys.  Good advice Jitspoe, and in this case the 2 lowest are the same person, and the 3rd lowest says "I'm thinking about returning this", and looks almost to be the same person from the first and second lowest.  Other than that, they aren't so bad.

Edit:  Found some pretty bad ones at Amazon

The good news is, the things people complain about - short battery life, bad glare etc., are stuff I expected to find in a table pc anyway, from past experience. 

Thanks,
y00tz

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 05:37:46 PM »
Worse case scenario:

You buy it - Use it for a few weeks - Return it stating that it doesn't fit your needs