Author Topic: Pball on Intel Mac using Parallel Desktop  (Read 2750 times)

cyko

• PGP
Pball on Intel Mac using Parallel Desktop
« on: October 24, 2007, 05:02:06 PM »
So I have a Mac Book pro. I'm running Parallels Desktop with windows Xp pro on it. It is supposed to run open gl for quake 2. When I try to run pball it says "Error : Make sure your video card is open gl capable..." Any idea why this wouldn't work? Is the open gl different than quake 2 open gl? Do you know anyone that has tried this?

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
MacBook Pro Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 05:17:09 PM »
Did you install all the drivers?  I got that error message until I went and manually found some random open gl drivers for some other game online. 

cyko

• PGP
Pball on Intel Mac using Parallel Desktop
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 07:40:40 AM »
Has anyone tried this? The open gl doesn't seem to work, but parallels says they support Quake 2 open gl. Maybe pball open gl is different. Anyone got some ideas?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: Pball on Intel Mac using Parallel Desktop
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 08:07:55 AM »
I'm not familiar with Macs or Parallel Desktop, but these topics might help you.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=7024.0
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=3088.0
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=6921.0

If not, Google is your friend. ;)

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 01:55:33 PM »
Merged since I've already split this from "Jitspoe's .plan" yesterday, anyway this belongs in Help and Support.

Thanks,
y00tz

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 04:53:11 PM »
Cyko?  From back in the day?

Sounds like you just have to install the proper drivers.  Don't macbooks use a radeon?  Try getting drivers from ati.com.

cyko

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 05:01:44 PM »
It is me from back in the day! I can not get this to work it is starting to piss me off. I don't know if i need to download openGL or drivers for windows or OSX to make this work becuase parallels works off my mac based video card so i'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have pball working with parallel desktop. If so, what did you do? Any drivers I download for windows won't install. So i have been trying to get drivers for OSX but that hasn't been working out either.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 09:34:12 PM »
From what you said, the drivers that you have been downloading are generic windows or mac opengl drivers. i suggest getting the actual name of your graphics card and Googling specific opengl drivers for it.  This would probably work because the card is designed to be able to use both windows and mac graphical programs so there are most likely special drivers needed, also you may need the .net framework 2.0.
-Cusoman

cyko

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 02:47:47 PM »
I finally got everything working. Windows Xp pro on an Intel mac book pro. Running digital pball through parallel desktop. If anyone has any questions on how to do it just ask. You will need to download a audio driver to get sound to work. Everything else should work if you install parallel tools.