Author Topic: Useful Global Login Messaging System... (Pre-Feature Vote)  (Read 2910 times)

y00tz

• Autococker
Useful Global Login Messaging System... (Pre-Feature Vote)
« on: October 25, 2007, 11:32:34 PM »
This is unfortunately more than likely going to sound too elaborate and unnecessary but I think it'd be a good idea to have a small messaging system built into the current Global Login System...

I imagine a system that allowed Jitspoe (eh, or the committee too, I suppose, but I think it'd probably be best to limit the feature to just Jitspoe or one committee representative, to prevent flooding and spamming) to send ADDRESSED or GLOBAL messages that could be read from dplogin.com. 

A practical reason for this is to notify users of new bannable offenses, new build releases, changes in the Terms of Agreement, or even specifically alert a user (a lot of pub players aren't on this forum) that they are banned, and why.

It'd be nice to have this tied into the client, so that when a user logs in, it could notify them they have x number of messages waiting, and that they could check them on dplogin.com..

I'd like some feedback on this, if you guys don't mind, feel free to even offer up some criticism.

Cheers and thanks a lot,
y00tz

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: Useful Global Login Messaging System... (Pre-Feature Vote)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 11:39:50 PM »
It'd be nice to have this tied into the client, so that when a user logs in, it could notify them they have x number of messages waiting, and that they could check them on dplogin.com..

Or be able to read them from ingame.  I could put together a menu for that.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 05:30:25 AM »
And a news feed on the main menu that links to the main page here!!!!!

I like the sound of this idea y00tz.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 06:02:02 AM »
* KnacK inserts the obligatory "AYBABTU" message.

I think it's a great idea y00tzie and Z-Man a menu system to pull it up is also a fantastic idea.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 11:41:17 AM »
I could make it look really nice, but I would need those variables in the widgets. ;)

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 12:21:43 PM »
I could make it look really nice, but I would need those variables in the widgets. ;)

Name your bounty and I'll deliver.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »
Does anyone have anything else to say, if not, should I add this to the feature vote?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 07:03:44 PM »
Go for it.