Author Topic: Clan trouble  (Read 1297 times)

friendly

• PGP
Clan trouble
« on: October 29, 2007, 09:37:04 AM »
I was invited to a clan (Brazil Soldiers), so I accepted the invite and tried to add their tag [BrS] to my name, but DP said I wasn't authorized to use that clan tag.  Their clan profile lists me as a member, and my profile lists me as a member.  Any ideas on what's going on?  Was I invited by mistake, or is the login system slow?  I can't tried to get in touch with the clan, but they don't have a site or IRC listed.
Thanks.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: Clan trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 09:49:18 AM »
When you're using the tag, your name has to be exactly: [BrS]friendly

Make sure you're not using too many colours/italics/underlines in your name since they increase the character count and the limit is around 30 characters.

Edit:  I'd be a little weary of that clan, it looks like they're sending out mass-invites trying to increase their member count.

friendly

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »
Thanks for the quick response.  So if I have paintball splats in my name, it would mess it up?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 09:55:56 AM »
Non-letter characters are supposed to be stripped but that may not always be the case.  It is usually the excessive use of colours which causes problems.  Each colour (if done correctly) takes up the space that two plain letters would.  You'll have to experiment to see what works for you.  [GT]Loial21 for example has green alien heads on either side of his name, but doesn't use many colours elsewhere in his name.

My tag for example is [20ID]XtremeBain

This translates to:
2 - colour blue
1 - [
2 - colour white
4 - 20ID
2 - colour blue
1 - ]
2 - colour white
10 - XtremeBain
----
24 total