Author Topic: A map called Routes (for now anyway)  (Read 40223 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Re: A map called Routes (for now anyway)
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2005, 12:18:25 AM »
I am using you GUI

bah it goes in beta......

Beta GUI i have not sorry,   not happening,

oversight my part,

Sorry Hobot.   Make more maps u do?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2005, 01:33:50 AM »
Jitspoe,

What is the cmd to load above map via  rcon? or cvar? better yet via GUI!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2005, 11:45:13 AM »
For the third time:

newmap beta/routez_alpha4 <gamemode>

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2005, 11:53:51 AM »
Loial, just learn to use console commands. Theyre not that hard...

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2005, 10:39:49 PM »
OK i was able to load alpha 1 not 4 via the GUI why should I not be able to load alpha 4 and not 1?

Loial, just learn to use console commands. Theyre not that hard...
Agreed

Hobo

• VM-68
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2005, 07:59:33 AM »
  I'm assuming the GUI is the in game menu.  If you can't get that to work, then use the console login to change the map.  Login and type:
  newmap beta/routez_alpha4 ctf
  newmap beta/routez_alpha4 koth
  newmap beta/routez_alpha4 dm
  newmap beta/routez_alpha4 1flag

Write it down ;)

Are you french?  You're starting to type in broken sentences again.  Luckily, George Bush is providing us with a grant for the study of Liolaism language. :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2005, 08:11:10 AM »
Lol.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2005, 10:40:06 AM »
We can probably test tonight at around 9:30-10:00 ish, if anybody's interested.  Sounds like you never got it tested this weekend. :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2005, 05:23:43 PM »
I actually don't see any changes. At all. Except for the jail bars, but that seems to be it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2005, 06:59:33 PM »
Well you just aren't very observant then.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2005, 08:31:07 PM »
Hm.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2005, 09:00:56 PM »
EIO,
ha! ha!  (nelson's laugh)

Hobo,
I know! I know! I know!

I am from Texas so my ability to articulate in any language is stuntted.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2005, 09:13:47 PM »
'stuntted', indeed.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2005, 09:47:07 PM »
Stuttered as well?

Edit: sorry I didn't make it back by 10.  When would be a good time to test for you, Hobo?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2005, 10:01:58 PM »
We could do the pickup again...

Hobo

• VM-68
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2005, 10:51:06 PM »
 Some of the changes were only for different gamemodes.  However.... I added a wider ledge and castle type parrapets (I'm guessing that that's what they're called).  Not sure how you can miss them. :)  I was trying for some blockage to cut down the r_speeds.  It would be nice to test to see if it's too much in that little area of the map.  All the gamemodes had at least some change to the players spawns if nothing else.
  The jailbars should work better as they are now.  The jail buttons are different. The button is colored instead of the area around the button.  Removed about a third of the rail posts, and raise the wall between the flag and barrel area, again for r_speeds.  So it may not seem like much, and it probalby isn't, but there are changes for better or worse.
  Testing with the bots really doesn't provide all the in and outs so I appreciate the help testing it.
  I didn't get home until late tonight (East Coast late that is) but we could test it tommorrow and/or Wednesday at 10PM. The pickup on Wednesday nights seem to work good for me, although it dinnertime about that time here.

Lioal, we know you're from Texas, that's why George himself authorized the grant. :)
  Actually I've been to Texas (and most other states also) and you Texans seem almost as normal as the rest of the tiny little states.... errr.... I mean the USA!!  YEEHAW!!! :)  Just kidding pardner.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2005, 11:36:48 AM »
Just kidding pardner.
Yeah, everybody knows Texans aren't anywhere near as normal as the rest of us. ;)

Ok, well, we'll try to get some testing done tonight or tomorrow night.  Maybe both. :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2005, 10:26:17 PM »
The map testing went pretty well.  I think a lot more players are needed for KOTH mode, though, or maybe that layout just isn't going to work.  DM was fun.  1 flag mode needs a fix for the jail spawn.  You're mean for making the last step still throw you off. ;)

The roofs you can still get on... if you keep them, you need to add a little light.  I'd suggest making the sky emit a small amount of light (like moon light).  Perhaps use the arghrad sun parameters with small values coming from the direction of the moon in the sky.  To get the right angles, put your crosshair on the moon and type "angles" at the console -- I think I added that in build 15.  If not, do it on the ev1 servers as they're running the newest unreleased code.  Negate those values (just need yaw and pitch).  Read up at www.planetquake.com/arghrad for info on the lighting -- best to try with a small test map so you don't waste a bunch of time compiling.

Also, with the notes of lighting. I guess the freakish glowing ooze can stay, but the other barrels with regular water should have the light flag removed (don't know why we ever made the water emit light by default...).  I need to get a bsp pack together with the new .wals and stuff so you can compile it properly.  As it is now, the reflected light is too bright because it's expecting q2's crappy dark textures.  Maybe I'll have that together tonight or tomorrow.

I'm thinking there's something else that I was going to comment on, but I can't remember what it was.

Oh, this isn't it, but you may want to remove the dmg or crusher on the elevator so it doesn't kill people.  And there were some errors on load about path_corner not having a spawn function.

Hobo

• VM-68
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2005, 12:11:09 AM »
 It's probably not a good map for every mode it supports, it was a learning experience just making it and fun testing it.
  The 1 flag jail spawn is an easy fix.
  That last step only throws you off if you run into the leading edge... come on it can't be 100% newb friendly, where's the fun in that?
  The roof: There's not much to do up there anyway, and camping up there will probably cost a capture more often than saving one so I think I'm gonna leave that area accessible.  I should have gotten down and looked at someone up there, is it that hard to see people up there?  I probalby have my gamma turned up to high (what a exploit). The sky has a small amount of light already but I'll add some more.  I haven't played with arghrad so I guess it's time to learn, I assume shadows would be possible and I think that'd be cool.  I check out that link, thank you.
  Glowing barrel ooze: Pfftt you're no fun.. that's radioactive nuclear fusion coolant... all paintball fields have them!  I'll just use the ooze for all of them... the ooze doesn't default with the light setting. :)  I like how they glow and light up the wall, I was thinking of using them for the main source of light sometime.  Like Cobo's tunnels could be lit with "glowing ooze". :)  Maybe not related too well to paintball, but I thought they looked good.
  Crusher: I have to look at it again, I thought I had them all removed.  I may have to change it to a platform to get rid of the startup error... it's was done according to Rust's tutorial, but I'll try to get the path_corner error fixed.
  Thanks for the comments.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2005, 12:40:29 AM »
Newb asks

"Map maker, your elevator jams then kills when I walk in to it wong"

Hobo :)  ?

(gj) 

Make Sense? above.  ...lol   Loial  wed puzzle