Author Topic: Buttons?  (Read 3040 times)

bleach

• Stingray
Buttons?
« on: November 04, 2007, 01:08:53 AM »
for some reason when you type in chat the chat goes away, say if i type said and i type the d at the end the chat window goes gone and i have to press t to open it back up, this happens to most of my keys on my keyboard

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Buttons?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 07:07:13 AM »
is this in the java client or in mIrc?

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 07:23:07 AM »
[..] i have to press t to open it back up, this [..]
For some reasons I think he talks about the ingame chat, which wouldn't make any sence.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 07:24:50 AM »
have you added your own binds? How about using the default config and seeing if that fixes it.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 04:43:53 PM »
that happens to me sometimes, but not with hitting certain keys... More like if a game ends, or I respawn or something, my in-game text disappears... All I have to do though is hit the t key again and what I was typing appears there again...    Its probably since two things can't be in the console at the same time, so if something happens that the console reports, the text is pushed away, and you just have to bring it back up again...

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 07:40:20 PM »
used to happen to me all the time when i used a funname with italics.  take any colored text binds out of your config (and redo your funname if you have one) and it should fix it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 07:26:55 PM »
used to happen to me all the time when i used a funname with italics.  take any colored text binds out of your config (and redo your funname if you have one) and it should fix it.
Odd.  Can you find a way to consistently reproduce that?  Using keys with chat binds doesn't seem to do anything for me.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 10:25:18 PM »
I tested it and it does it for me Jitspoe...

First, at the start of the round I typed in

set name y00tz

then I binded f7 to set my name to red italics...

bind f7 set name (ctrl + k then a then ctrl + i) y00tz

(hit f7 to change my name)

now hit 't' to bring up chat, type in 'this' the s of this shouldn't register, rather the text box clears and it moves back (assuming s is binded to move back)

edit: after testing, it seems that it's whether or not I use that f7 immediately before typing bind that determines whether or not the bug occurs...

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 12:13:17 AM »
Odd.  Can you find a way to consistently reproduce that?  Using keys with chat binds doesn't seem to do anything for me.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=2168.msg24784#msg24784

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 05:40:30 PM »
Still can't reproduce it.  I tried exactly what y00tz and Herron said, and the chat still behaves normally.  I went so far as to press every key on the keyboard, and the only keys that make the chat disappear are:

ESC
F1 (+scores)
~ (toggleconsole)
ENTER
KP_ENTER

I don't think italics have anything to do with it - perhaps you have a weird bind on one of the keys you're pressing.  Can you find exactly what key causes this and what it's bound to?

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 06:07:02 PM »
Ahhh y00tz just tried it out I typed this but stopped before I hit the s and it still colsed dunno why.
Edit: Yup its just the i which would explain why you were moving backwards when it closed also.

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 09:15:21 AM »
it doesn't do it for me anymore, dunno why.

do you have a logitech keyboard, y00tz/Apocalypse?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 01:25:47 PM »
Maybe, it's an HP branded, but OEM keyboards usually come from anywhere...

Apocalypse, I don't have paintball2 on this machine, but maybe you could see if doing bold (ctrl+b) will close when  you type 'b' in chat.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 03:15:46 PM »
There is no bold y00tz but I gave underline(ctrl+u) a try and typed u didn't close it.
And no herron I have an old junky Belkin keyboard they dont sell ones that fix my desk anymore.