Author Topic: New Guns?  (Read 15215 times)

[GX]AQUA

• PGP
New Guns?
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:11:52 PM »
I was thinking about this for a while, and here are some guns that maybe we could incorperate into pb2:

Shotgun-like
Paint Grenade launcher
Sniper

also, for the sniper, it would auto change the crosshair to a snipin' one

Also, Buying weapons like CS?

Hey, i just think its a good idea.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: New Guns?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 06:28:02 PM »
It may be a good idea (may being the key word), but none of those weapons fit the style of this game. A shotgun would dominate close-med range. A grenade launcher is just silly, as we already can throw grenades a fairly far distance and it would only be good once. A sniper isn't doable since a gun with near-infinite ball speed would be cheap, or you'd have to camp somewhere to use it effectively, which is something we'd like to discourage as a general gameplay tactic.
The buying idea has been thrown around, but it's been decided that that would only make the good players do better and the bad players do worse. Not fun for the newer players.

And if you've thought about it for a while, give us more than just a list. ;)

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 07:02:53 PM »
No offense Aqua, but you want to make this game more like CS, and I really don't see the point, they are two separate games, each original in their own way, no new weapons are necessary in Paintball 2.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 07:08:35 PM »
heh i think you should be able to pick your weapon and gear. but it wont ever be added. our paintball field here has a car that drives around with a mortar cannon on the back that rains down paintballs :P

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 07:13:39 PM »
is it november already....

we'll have to wait another month for some one to make this thread again

[GX]AQUA

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 04:35:33 PM »
ok, i se ur guys points, but getting killed right after you gather all your gear gets kind of annoying after a while.

Motorized hopper is another idea i thought of though

Jolly

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 05:19:26 PM »
your probably getting killed so fast bcuz u only play in those 10 second respawn servers, autocockers shoot fast enough, if it shot any faster it would be too ez to kill ppl i tihnk

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 05:30:23 PM »
It would be cool to have a sniper gun that had a low rate of fire, but shot extremely fast and accurately.  Maybe with a built in scope, and two handed so you couldn't carry grenades at the same time? 

Thoughts?

oli887

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 06:06:20 PM »
Yeah. And that gun would use more CO2 and/or maybe more paintballs. Yeah the accurate thing is nice :D

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 06:53:53 PM »
Well it would still use one paintball per shot, but it would shoot slower.

It would be slightly faster than a pgp, but would shoot dead straight, would use no barrel, and would shoot as far as the eye can see.  Also, would have a zoom/scope function in place of grenades.  SO whatever your grenade bind would be, you could hold it for a scope, or tap it to zoom once, then twice, then off.

Thoughts?

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »
You guys know there's a zoom script right? Plus, if you use an autococker with the zoom script, it's kind of like having a sniper rifle, just without the unrealistic super-straight flight path.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 09:52:55 AM »
Obviously I know there is a zoom script.  But you must not have read my post.  Read it over again and try to imagine that gun.  I'm sure you will find that it would be quite enjoyable.

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 06:52:11 PM »
I did read your last post.
Quote from: QueeNiE
but would shoot dead straight
I was trying to say that I liked everything except that.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 07:48:49 PM »
Well, then what would the point of a sniper be?

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 08:10:42 PM »
Well, I would advocate increased range with the downside of increased CO2 usage instead of dead straight shooting.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 08:27:12 PM »
Why?

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 08:32:25 PM »
Because it's more plausible in real life and I'm trying to keep this game as real as possible, besides all the jumps. Plus, the dead-straight-shooting sniper would bring on a new breed of campers (and complaints).

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 08:39:32 PM »
I think I remember seeing a barrel for a tippman 98 custom which was curved to make a much flatter trajectory for the balls. It looked odd, like curved up like a banana. I don't know if these type of barrels are widespread or not, I can't say im that involved in the real world of paintball.

Im not convinced there is any need for newer guns, I can't see there being any niches unfilled in the current arsenal, given the type of play most prevalant today.

- Dagless

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 09:06:26 PM »
I think you're talking about a hop up barrel.

[GX]AQUA

• PGP
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »
QueeNiE, i like that idea... ... my grenade bind is MWHEELUP so that would be pretty cool

Multiple grenades would be kinda cool, holding them on a belt of some kind

*Edit: The Sniper doesnt have to be dead straight though, like it goes 20ft and then starts to slow down and curve