Author Topic: Lagg issues  (Read 5335 times)

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
Lagg issues
« on: November 11, 2007, 03:13:42 PM »
Last 2-3 days I am really laggy on all servers, both EU and USA.

My ping is normal, but I lagg every few seconds, really hard, nor can I jump or aim.

So if someone had similar experience, I would be very grateful for any kind of advice.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Lagg issues
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »
That's your packets dropping. If you're on a wireless connection, make sure you have a really strong one. If You're wired, then either something is hogging your bandwidth big-time, or your ISP is having some issues.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 03:38:56 PM »
So I must call either my provider, or somebody is on my connection?

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 04:00:09 AM »
Hopefully I'll soon change my internet provider.

This lagg is killing me.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 08:33:22 PM »
Type "netgraph 1" at the console.  If there are a bunch of black lines, that means you have packet loss.  Also check your cl_cmdrate setting.  It should be around 60.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 12:31:37 PM »
Ok I checked cl_cmdrate, it' s straight 60

I also checked netgraph. It's hard for me to read it, I mean I don't know is it normal or what, so i demoed it.

Also i emailed my provider, no response...

Edited:

This is screen shot that show my netgraph, on the demo you can see what kind of lagg it is:

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 12:52:43 PM »
that's a great looking netgraph.  You might be experiencing hardware lag of some sorts....

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 12:57:08 PM »
Yeah but I'm on 381 fps, almost never drops belove 200.

And you can see on the demo that I lagg horribly.

How can I see if someone is also using my wireless connection?

And what more can I do with my router (I restarted it several times)?

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 01:10:29 PM »
I think i got the same problem or some think like that. I have a lag every 30seconds. I got the problem since I got a new computer with a WLAN Card. Before i used a WLAN Card i used a WLAN usb stick and it dont lags. Maybe my dsl 1000 is too bad for pb.
Here some screens of the netgraph:

Here is a demo of my lags:

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 01:18:54 PM »
Yeah Sonny lags as hell every match, but I didn't changed my w card. It started about 5 days ago for no reason.

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 02:49:37 PM »
QeHs - ThE lAgGeRz^^

With my old comp. i have only 30-50fps and 10-30pps. And now 400-550fps and 60-70pps. Maybe my internet can't load this. Waht's the command to set the max pps?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 03:04:28 PM »
Might be a temp issue with your isp's, especially if your pr0n folder just doubled...

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »
Edgy as far as your router goes. I would suggest that you secure it. By that I mean use WEP or WPA (preferably WPA since it's more secure). Also you may want to look into allowing MAC addresses for only the computers that you know.

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 05:47:17 PM »
did you change your config recently? make sure you have the following commands set:

cl_predict 1
cl_nodelta 0
cl_locknetfps 0
cl_sleep 0
noudp 0
noipx 1

also, i'd suggest:
rate 10000

you should also run a virus scan to make sure you don't have a worm using up your bandwidth. 

if you don't have a virus scanner:
1.  close all of your torrents, internet browsers, and ideally any ad-sponsored chat programs
2.  wait 10 minutes
3.  go to Start->Run and type: cmd
4.  in the command window that pops up, type: netstat -ao

if you see a whole lot of connections from domains you don't recognize (especially with ones starting with mail.* or smtp.*) you probably have a worm.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 05:52:33 PM »
Make sure this is happening and its not just an excuse.
:]

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 08:14:05 PM »
I don't see any black lines or spikes on your netgraph (except at the start, which is normal).  Also, there was no lag in the demo.  Did you watch the demo after you recorded it?  If the demo was lagging, then it's definitely a hardware issue.  Make sure you don't have any processes running in the background eating up all of your CPU.  Virus scanners and software firewalls can cause this, too.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 11:15:50 PM »
Edge, I know it's obvious but I'll check anyway - you're not by any chance trying to play sober, right?

:D

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 01:56:23 AM »
Let me try to response to all of you, and also thank you for trying to help me:
did you change your config recently? make sure you have the following commands set:

cl_predict 1
cl_nodelta 0
cl_locknetfps 0
cl_sleep 0
noudp 0
noipx 1

also, I'd suggest:
rate 10000

you should also run a virus scan to make sure you don't have a worm using up your bandwidth. 

if you don't have a virus scanner:
1.  close all of your torrents, internet browsers, and ideally any ad-sponsored chat programs
2.  wait 10 minutes
3.  go to Start->Run and type: cmd
4.  in the command window that pops up, type: netstat -ao

if you see a whole lot of connections from domains you don't recognize (especially with ones starting with mail.* or smtp.*) you probably have a worm.

Yeah I've run virus check - nothing detected. I will also try it through cmd command.

I didn't messed with my config, but also will input all of the commands just OT be sure.

I don't see any black lines or spikes on your netgraph (except at the start, which is normal).  Also, there was no lag in the demo.  Did you watch the demo after you recorded it?  If the demo was lagging, then it's definitely a hardware issue.  Make sure you don't have any processes running in the background eating up all of your CPU.  Virus scanners and software firewalls can cause this, too.

There's no lagg on the demo? When I played it, it was lagging, so it could be hardware issue, but then why HL2, and source doesn't lagg? Must check deeper into it.

Edge, I know it's obvious but I'll check anyway - you're not by any chance trying to play sober, right?

:D

Never ;)

Make sure this is happening and its not just an excuse.
:]

Def1netly (aka Magalhahahaes) I've putted your comment last just to say LOL.

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 05:32:17 AM »
I think I make a new post for my problem.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 10:58:40 AM »
Ok, updated now:

Did what Herron told me - no help

Run few more antivirus programs - nothing founded

So, now I believe Jitspoe was right - it's probably some hardware issue.

Now I'm sorry but i seek further help because I'm clueless what causes this lag. I cleaned up my comp with ccleaner.

I'll try to describe the lagg - during the play, every few seconds my picture freezes, can't move, than I found myself on a totally different place. Funny thing is: when I replayed the demo i uploaded here, it lagged, but my other demoes don't lagg.

Any idea?

Edit: other players can't see me lagging