Author Topic: new map in progress  (Read 16967 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Re: new map in progress
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2005, 10:50:38 PM »
That's what happens when you jack up your gamma past what it's suppost to be.
Really lol
I  have a superior video card? Because I can tweak my ati 32meg and voodoo 16 meg card the same way.

Define what its supposed to be?

What is the difference of jacking up gamma vs double binds?. Both are un-documented on alpha. Most importantly they give you a slight but equal advantage in that:

One allows you to slightly out flank oppents in some situations.
The other allows you to see better in the dark.

Ok think which happens more often, Confrontation in the dark? Or, confrontation in light. In, either case its confrontation and the advantage in my opionin is to the person who has superior binds not gamma.

Just something to think about.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2005, 11:38:39 PM »
YOU DO NOT WIN THE GAME BY HAVING BINDS.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2005, 12:15:22 AM »
So basically it boils down to you wanting to have an unfair advantage?

The gamma option is there for people with dark monitors, not for people with bright monitors to crank up to see in nearly-black areas.

Also, using dark areas is a slippery slope that I've seen cause ugliness in many games.  Take Quake, for example.  Dark and atmospheric.  Well, once people figured out how to crank the brightness up, the dark dungeons became broad daylight, and people started making "dark" maps, which were even darker, causing people to crank the brightness up more and more, until all you see is a nasty rainbow band of yuck because the color resolution is so low.   Quake is stuck using colors like 0-10 because 11-255 are all white. :P  I don't want that to happen with paintball2.  Tunnels should be well lit.  It's fair, and it looks better, Mr. "I want everything to be fair unless it gives me an advantage." ;)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2005, 12:19:29 AM »
I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT WINING!!

All i ask is that each and all players have equal advantages when it comes to player preferences, in the menu. Period  anything else is an exploit, PERIOD. Changing values and default settings that not are in the menu has always been shunned by the gaming community.

OK explain this, why do I and others have to read up and manually type commands? in console?. Rather than an easy to use menu?

Everything, mostly is a subjective subject...... Thus making anything you and I type a partial fallacy, or better put, logical summations. Leave it at that or not.. MY point is make your user interface more reliant on menu options, rather than console cmds.

Here are some exaggerated examples, in effect of the on line help I have received here.

"YOU ARE SO intercoursiNG STUPID"

"GET intercoursiNG OVER IT"

*edit the above was intended before 115 post

I understand your point about adding more gamma to this map. It is logical, OK some players cant see what I see but If that is the case I can recommend that no ones play Midnight.bsp or Antioch.bsp and others (two of the best maps ever in dp)

Why? Because of the dark areas that were never lit up correctly? Define correctly lit or a map that has ample gamma settings,

Sorry but i feel obligated to answer, after spending 5000+hours playing this mod

*** logical assumptions and rhetorical responces on my part are my biased opinion as a fair, non=thinking oaf of a man.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 01:55:27 AM by loial21 »

Zelda

• PGP
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2005, 02:00:12 PM »
If people put commands in the menu for you Loial, you would ask how to use them. Then you would ask someone to make a simplified menu so you could learn how to use the difficult menu.

Which, of course, was made difficult only because you are too lazy to learn the console commands. Which is why no one is going to make you a menu. Case rested. (A five year old could understand, please try, I know it hurts).

Why are your posts so long and confusing btw?

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2005, 04:54:30 PM »
you can actually make your own custom menus, its not that hard(i just learned how!)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2005, 06:04:19 PM »
All i ask is that each and all players have equal advantages when it comes to player preferences, in the menu. Period  anything else is an exploit, PERIOD. Changing values and default settings that not are in the menu has always been shunned by the gaming community.

RTFM

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2005, 06:14:38 PM »
If people put commands in the menu for you Loial, you would ask how to use them. Then you would ask someone to make a simplified menu so you could learn how to use the difficult menu.

Which, of course, was made difficult only because you are too lazy to learn the console commands. Which is why no one is going to make you a menu. Case rested. (A five year old could understand, please try, I know it hurts).

Why are your posts so long and confusing btw?
Long yes. Confusing how? What part did not make sense? 

Eio, I have read it. btw I made a point at the end. What is your opinion :)

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2005, 06:57:04 PM »
WOW DO YOU GUYS HAVE A LIFE....!
No?
GET ONE...!

-Termin8oR

Zelda

• PGP
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2005, 07:41:28 PM »
Loial says (or should of said):
I want a menu with all the console commands easily layed out and usable, that every player in DP uses, so that BoB and any newbie cannot use commands in the console. This is because I think it will prevent one player from having an unfair advantage over another.

The closest you came to this is a couple of sentences I have finally come to understand:
Everything, mostly is a subjective subject...... Thus making anything you and I type a partial fallacy, or better put, logical summations. Leave it at that or not.. MY point is make your user interface more reliant on menu options, rather than console cmds.

You could probably make things better if every message wasen't one exciting crossword-puzzle after another. Just a suggestion, Bye now  :D

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2005, 07:48:04 PM »
thanks , btw have we met on public?

Its pillow talk baby :)

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2005, 08:26:26 PM »
WOW DO YOU GUYS HAVE A LIFE....!
No?
GET ONE...!
You give us money, we'll get a life.

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2006, 08:49:55 AM »
Hey, I dont know if that Is a bug with the map or in whole Pong mode, but I`ll tell you what happened when I played the map (the one jitspoe posted the download link):

I played on a local LAN server (Mode: Pong), when my opponent (blue) scored, It said blueteam was scored on and added 5 points to red score, When Red team scored, it said blue team was scored on and added 5 points to red team, so ALWAYS the red team got the points!!

The only way Blue could get points was when I (red) shot into my own goal (I think owngoal is the english word..)..

That`s really strange and should be fixed...

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2006, 09:13:31 AM »
There's already a thread about this, and this thread isn't it.
http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=1804.0

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2006, 04:18:39 PM »
Actually, it's a bug with this map.  I think both bases got set to the same teamnumber somehow.