Author Topic: Rugby VS American Football  (Read 12073 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Rugby VS American Football
« on: November 17, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »
YOU DECIDE!

Rugby:

American Football:

Opinions.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
Re: Rugby VS American Football
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 01:15:12 PM »
Not a huge fan of either but rugby players would get hurt alot more and alot worse than those in American football because they have much, much less equipment.
Also I believe in rugby you have to kick the ground before you kick the ball so if you dont know how to kick well then you could easily sprain an ankle.

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 01:22:11 PM »
American football. Just look at the size comparison and the skill they have over rugby players. Can anybody find out the number of injuries in rugby compared to football?

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 01:25:51 PM »
JUst in case you didn't realize my thing about injuries was saying American Football is better because of less and less serious injuries.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 01:27:43 PM »
I'd say American Football.  I watched  Australian Rugby, and sure they do take hits and don't wear pads... but even Sapp could completely paralyze any of them.

Edit:  I never much understood rugby... for example, why is the guy in the first picture, hugging the other guy's butt?

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 01:46:31 PM »
American football is superior of course.  They were pads because there are such big athletes playing.  No reason to wear pads when you have just a bunch of skinny white boys running around.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 02:01:14 PM »
Maybe you guys should actually watch Rugby before forming judgement? You actually sound pretty dumb from what you're saying.

And btw, American Football is obviously better, and is totally respected by countries other than America. As a sportsman, I actually have respect for the American Football Pro's, but the fans, thats more like pity.

Magical-Tree

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 02:02:23 PM »
Rugby all the way.
We got screwed out of the world cup this year, That was blatantly a try...

~MT

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 05:53:38 PM »
there is some pretty big rugby players
but i still think football is better because i think it is the most strategic game there is. rugby though is pretty cool to watch but i dont understand it. in rugby i think there is more respect for eachother. people dont run around trying to hurt people, they run around and make contact but only enough to get the job done.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »
Just because its the most strategic doesn't mean its better. Its really hard for me to accept American sports as appealing due to the fact there is almost non-existent support for them outside of north america. If they were that superior, surely they would be globally more popular...

If you want a real sport, take a look at football, there is nothing that comes close to it.

MiZ

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 06:37:04 PM »
Neither, because both of those sports involve homo men touching and kicking each others coinslot.Just look at rugby pic one and American football pic one. :P

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 06:39:58 PM »
If you want a real sport, take a look at football, there is nothing that comes close to it.

You mean soccer, right?  :D

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 07:16:35 PM »
Maybe you guys should actually watch Rugby before forming judgement? You actually sound pretty dumb from what you're saying.

And btw, American Football is obviously better, and is totally respected by countries other than America. As a sportsman, I actually have respect for the American Football Pro's, but the fans, thats more like pity.
What was dumb about what I said?
Also the only readon football/soccer is so popular is because all you need is a ball the posts could just be hats or rocks or sticks anything really.
Where as other sports you need much more like in hockey you need a puck, skates, a stick, puck and ice.

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 07:23:30 PM »
Lekky is right, football all the way, but not American football. Football is popular because it takes a total athlete to be good at the game, its more than just sheer physical performance, it requires skill and incredible intelligence to be a great in the game. Also, its so easy on the eye, so fast, and so exciting.

I've watched both games, and follow neither, but rugby is by far the better game to watch in my opinion. American football is too stop start, and theres no real spontaneity to the game. For the casual fan I think rugby is much easier to pick up aswell.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 07:27:18 PM »
We dont really get rugby on TV around here hence the reason I hardly ever watch it also the only time I watch American Football is the Super Bowl.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 07:39:40 PM »

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 12:35:28 PM »
Rugby all the way.

Rugby all the way.
We got screwed out of the world cup this year, That was blatantly a try...

~MT

You will also get screwed on  Wednesday on Wembley ;)

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 02:12:04 PM »
Maybe, but if we do qualify we'll still be bigger favourites than Croatia :D

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 02:17:13 PM »
>:(
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 02:50:50 PM by lekky »

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 02:21:54 PM »
And who is the best player playing in england right now?

Cristiano Ronaldo.