Author Topic: New Map - Petra  (Read 11363 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: New Map - Petra
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 01:42:32 PM »
Petra means giant brick. ;D

marth

• Stingray
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 05:41:30 AM »
Petra means giant brick. ;D
is that sarcasym? if it isnt, its a pretty ironic name xP
it looks pretty good, but wheres the dl?

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 11:18:36 AM »
Woooooooowwwww!

What a nice map ! Good job I love those new textures.
Could you send a link to download it Because i dont see any... :(
Nice Design.

I give 100/10 XD

Look pretty fun to play in.

Good Job again

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 12:27:55 PM »
Could you send a link to download it Because i dont see any... :(

Above screenshot, in first post.

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »
Not much has changed. Fixed the edge in the blue base so it can't be jumped onto, fixed the spawns.
I'll try to find a link to the ctp1 textures and attach it to this post.. I'm being lazy and don't want to sort through and pick all them out, make a zip and whatnot since it's already out there anyway.
ctp1 texture pack link: ftp://www.otb-server.de/pub/CTP%20-%20Community%20Texture%20and%20Model%20Pack
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:11:45 AM by Krewzer »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 11:54:35 PM »
Made a demo and put it up on the beta server.  You still have the pass to log in?  PM me if not.

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 07:59:42 PM »
Minor changes, raised the sky some, fixed the barrel textures, changed the red base textures, changed that fort thnigie you whined about., :) other small changes. Some items you picked out I didn't change... I appreciate your time to make the suggestions.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 12:09:05 AM by Krewzer »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 11:36:34 PM »
The map is still named petra_b2.bsp - did you package the correct one?  Should I just rename it to b3?

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 12:11:06 AM »
No, it was _b2. Here's the real deal...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 12:35:11 AM »
K, I've got beta3 up on the server now.  I did a little play testing (with beta2, unfortunately), and it's really difficult to get to the red flag from more than one path easily.  If you take the low path, you're forced to go up the stairs around the back of the base, then back around to the flag (or hope you make the jump, which I usually end up hitting my head on and falling back to the ground and having to go up the stairs again).  By that time, the enemy has taken your flag and is almost back to the base.  Perhaps if you made those pedestals teleporters (like teleport up to where the carbine is) and made the balcony paths a little easier to use, it would help balance it out a bit more.

Another thing, and I don't know if this has changed in beta 3: usually I'd spawn with something like a Spyder, but sometimes I'd get stuck with a Trracer then get screwed over in a firefight because I expected something that would shoot faster.

I only briefly looked at beta3, but I did notice that some of the barrels need to have the phong value removed on the top edges because the whole barrel is trying to phong shade together.  That and the alignment was off by just a unit or 2 on some of them (the smaller ones, I think).

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 01:31:16 AM »
The gun types are set to spawn better guns for the farther away spawns, or is meant to be.
I knew about hitting your head on the balcony jumps, I suppose my sense of humor is twisted about that stuff. I think that kind of stuff is fun to see happen. -shrug- I'll look at making it easier.
I like the idea about the red base teleporters... never did like the pillars much. However, you can jump of the pillar base to the lower balcony with a little practice. <-- not noob friendly though
I haven't played this with anything except bots so any input is helpful.

Added: The light value for the top of the barrels is 0 so no phong shading there. However, the light values for the barrels is the same for the sides so maybe they're too close together and are trying to jump the gap. I'll change it up and see what happens.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:37:33 PM by Krewzer »

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 09:44:21 PM »
Here's petra_b4, just unzip into your paintball2 directory.

Made the red flag much easier to get to from below, and some other changes.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 12:46:44 AM »
Cool.  The danger texture kind of bugged me, so I made a different one (I have the gimp source if anybody wants it).  Remember that textures need to be powers of 2 in size (16,32,64,128,256, etc.)  I've uploaded it to the beta server.  Hope to play test it and give some feedback.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2008, 02:05:37 PM »
only 1 thing I can see: On the crates with the signs on them (in blue mid), the small indentation is misaligned.

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2008, 02:16:26 AM »
Jitspoe:
  I like your danger sign. Could you or someone provide a .wal for it please? What do you want to call it? I assume it would go into textures/pball/hr4. Right now the size difference makes the hr4 not align. I could/might replace the danger signs I've used on petra and piped with it since I used a non-multiplier of 2 size and both are still in testing. Thanks.

i_am_a_pirate:
  Thanks, I'll look at it.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2008, 12:24:30 PM »
It reminds me a bit (in the general idea) of hca_fort: 2 bases right next to each other with no mid-map.

Otherwise brilliant

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 12:21:25 PM »
I made it pretty big just to work with.  You might want to scale it down 1/2 size for the HR4 version and 1/8 for the low res/.wal version.  You can put it in with your stuff - it doesn't have to be in the textures/pball directory.

hoffig

• Stingray
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 03:24:00 AM »
It looks cool but krewzer can you send here link on all textures of the map? :P

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 05:13:33 AM »
Krewzer? U work on all ur beta maps or not?