Author Topic: Digital Paintball Soccer League  (Read 13158 times)

MiZ

• VM-68
Re: Digital Paintball Soccer League
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 02:33:41 PM »
I think that idea could go into play.What i meen is I like that idea and it could work out for all the noobs who can't play paintball, but are good at soccer.It also is a new strategic way to match in scrim in the Pb world.Go for it Silly. :D

Quote: yet once again darkness has a rude comment and puts an idea down.That's mean, jeese just lighten up a little man.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 03:42:29 PM »
We'll find a away.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 05:39:39 PM »
Would be awesome to have carpathian pong :D

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 09:21:22 PM »
haha!

Apoco, if you want, i can make you league superviser/co convernor :)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 12:23:33 AM »
Sounds like a good idea apoc, i would actually play that. By the way i think this is a good idea making a soccer league, just don't expect everyone else to. I play soccer. Goodluck with this project Silly.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 07:34:37 AM »
Haha, thanks Rick.

Now, ill need a way so clans/people can sign up for this? Anyone have any ideas?

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 07:56:20 AM »
You need to do alot of things, f.e. create a web-page, mirc channel, set up rules, rent servers, etc...

Talk to people that have organised cups/legaue before (Lekky, XBain, Blaa, Terrorist...)

Only way to get people to sign up is through web. Talk to Sonny, I think he rents his web space for this kind of things (www.leezerz.com). Also you could rent servers from him.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 08:46:56 AM »
 talk to blaa? If you consider me as a person who has organized cup then I can only think of a few who couldnt do it. You just need to stay calm, ignore insults, have some IRC binds (like "I WILL TELL YOU WHEN YOU MATCH, DONT PM ME PLZ" etc) and the stuff they tell you that you NEED a good website and blabla is true indeed.

And, if you want I can help you with whatever you want, but pls, dont get apoc as your co host or whatever. Apoc seems to be like a black cat running across every idea. PUG idea is good and he started to "work" on it, but still managed to end up with a failure. We all fail, but he failed with style. He got a pug script, special server and even wanted a website. After all that effort it should have produced more than 1 pathetic shadow of a PUG.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 03:33:26 PM »
Yes, blaa. Thanks a lot. Could you be that person than? (Convener)

I already have a irc channel edge, thanks a lot anyway.

Do i have to rent them with money? Because unfortunately, i dont have any way of paying

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 03:35:43 PM »
talk to blaa? If you consider me as a person who has organized cup then I can only think of a few who couldnt do it. You just need to stay calm, ignore insults, have some IRC binds (like "I WILL TELL YOU WHEN YOU MATCH, DONT PM ME PLZ" etc) and the stuff they tell you that you NEED a good website and blabla is true indeed.

And, if you want I can help you with whatever you want, but pls, dont get apoc as your co host or whatever. Apoc seems to be like a black cat running across every idea. PUG idea is good and he started to "work" on it, but still managed to end up with a failure. We all fail, but he failed with style. He got a pug script, special server and even wanted a website. After all that effort it should have produced more than 1 pathetic shadow of a PUG.
Meh, noone came and there was no PUG script and continentals is actually working just trying to get in contact with XBain on servers.
Btw thanks for the wonderful compliment blaa.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2007, 03:43:07 PM »
Apoco you could help me organize servers and match times too? If you would that would be GREATLY appreciated

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 09:18:46 PM »
You can't say it would be a bad idea, if you never tryed it. So, don't get ahead of yourself.
I've played the soccer maps and I dont like them. But I forgot, you know me.... :P

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 03:37:34 PM »
Thats just your opinon eradicator. Dont go round puttin down idea's that you dont like :).

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 09:30:17 PM »
Yes, we had a soccer cup at our first birthday.

atm we make a new build of the otb_soccer map, to fix some problems.
Just out of curiosity, why don't you just use soccer1?  The OTB plastered all over the place looks kind of ugly and makes it difficult to tell which side is which.

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 12:43:10 PM »
thats a good idea. I was thinkin of makin a pretty basic one. Soccer1 would be better though

Do you approve of this idea jits?

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 01:56:56 PM »
Jits don't own soccer server. It's OTBs. So, again, talk to Terrorist.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 02:22:25 PM »
lol

We fix that too.

Can u fix the "Red team scored" and "Blue team scored" bug jitspoe?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2007, 08:05:29 PM »
It isn't a bug, but it is confusing when there are just two teams.  It was set up that way so you could have 4-team pong.  The message indicates which team was scored on.  The main bug with pong is that a fast ball can pass through people sometimes.

marth

• Stingray
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 08:13:55 AM »
go ahead and try it, it sounds like a good idea :P
it'd also be nice if we had servers dedicated to koth and whatnot, ive only played it once, and it was kots1 with one other person :/

Silly

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 11:49:53 AM »
Iv'e sent Terrorist a PM, and just waiting for his reply..

Anyone that has some expierence with this, please volenteer for your help will be greatly appreciated