Author Topic: Can anyone help me with this?  (Read 1416 times)

Captain_of_Space

• PGP
Can anyone help me with this?
« on: January 18, 2003, 10:20:57 PM »
I just downloaded Digital Paint, eagerly awaiting hours upon hours of fun.  The problem is that it runs terrible on my computer.  I have a DSL connection, and I have continually lowered my rate, but it doesnt help at all.  It lags terribly.  This would be more understandable to me if other games I had ran just as bad, but I have Wolfenstein and a few others, and I have no problems running them online.  If anyone could offer suggestions as to what I can do, it would be much appreciated.  

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Can anyone help me with this?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 11:43:34 PM »
Where are you located?  You might just have a poor connection to the servers.  Is it network lag, or is it a low framerate?

To check the network connection, type "set netgraph 1" at the console -- it will show a graph down on the hud.

Captain_of_Space

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 08:44:57 AM »
I'm in Wisconsin.  I know people that live near me that dont have these problems with the game though.  I think it is a bad network connection, because even when I'm downloading the maps it takes a very long time.  I typed "set netgraph 1" and the graph at the bottom was almost solid white except for a couple dips at the top of it.  

Fryth

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 09:05:59 AM »
<Begin non-technical reply>

Paintball is an especially bandwidth-intensive mod, but it still manages to compare with Q2DM, Halflife, or frankly any other multiplayer first-person shooter. If those games work without choppiness, Paintball should also.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2003, 01:15:47 PM »
I dunno -- you might try googling around for some help with quake2 network settings...

bblolman

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 04:45:38 PM »
Build 28 is now released, find it in the forums. It may help.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 06:39:34 AM »
7 years, you break the record

War

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 08:24:35 AM »
lolololololololololol