Author Topic: How to create fire rscript effects like anubis?  (Read 1732 times)

cusoman

• Autococker
How to create fire rscript effects like anubis?
« on: November 28, 2007, 07:37:02 PM »
I have been trying to figure out on my own for the past 2 days how to use rscripts to create fire AND how to actually add it to my map.  I understand the whole rscript thing, but how on earth do i put the actual "fire" in the map.  I would like an idiots guide please because the one on the DP resource site must be too sophisticated because even after reading through it for the 100th time i still could not figure out how to actually add the fire to my map.  Thanks for your help in advance.
-Cusoman

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: How to create fire rscript effects like anubis?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 07:49:41 PM »
Since the rscript has already been made and everyone has it, just add the fire texture somewhere in your map. It'll animate by itself.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 07:53:52 PM »
and how exactly do i add the fire texture, its not in any texture folder i can find.  also the _flametest map i decompiled (for learning purposes) used some black texture for the "placeholder" of the flames yet i cannot find this texture either.  Thx for your comment though.
-Cusoman

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 08:10:49 PM »
There doesn't seem to be a .wal for it, but all you need to do is have a .wal with the same name as the texture. So, copy a .wal and rename it 'flame1.wal' or 'flame1b.wal'.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 08:34:42 PM »
Wow thanks Eiii :).  I works perfectly.  Now i can make my own rscripts and images too!!!!! ;D  I never thought u could just convert one of the fire images to a .wal file.  Thanks so much. :)
-Cusoman

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 11:54:29 AM »
The black texture is a default texture called "black" (pball\textures\pball\black.wal) :P You could also use the original .map file and the original .wal files ;)

Just copy this into your bsp folder:
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5118.0;attach=2110

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 02:23:37 PM »
Thank you Chef-Killer ;)
-Cusoman

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 08:07:20 PM »
Is the flame wal not included with the latest BSP pack?

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
I'm not sure actually because I think I am using the second to latest BSP pack.  I just have not yet found the need to upgrade, though maybe I should, now that this whole problem could have been solved with a possibly updated BSP pack.
-Cusoman

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 01:49:59 PM »
Well, you just found a need to upgrade. :P