Author Topic: Build 15 "pre-release"  (Read 14324 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Re: Build 15 "pre-release"
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2005, 06:44:45 PM »
Is there a problem seeing under water now?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2005, 10:08:37 PM »
alot of valid complaints on official server

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2005, 10:10:36 PM »
what is going on ???

Murdock

• PGP
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2005, 11:02:10 PM »
lmao and umm at pbcup i had right to talk 10 on 2 and i was 68 and 9

lol i was lead so i camped dont feed me bull stuff to rush on 10 vs 2

ohh ya i was on side with 2

It isn't that hard to get a high score like that on pbcup. You have 5x as many targets, and they have 9x the competition to try and get a decent gun.

tecqniqe

No entry found for tecqniqe.
Did you mean technique?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2005, 12:11:47 AM »
Lol,  I have asked about a cap on frag rate like q2.
But this is not a mod that supports anti cheats / exploits (jumping)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2005, 10:23:21 AM »
To those of you who begged me to "just release it," I hope you're happy.  I'm not even going to bother with an official release.  It's not ready for public consumption yet.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2005, 11:02:04 AM »
Cap on frag rate, are you kidding me?  Where in Quake2 is there a limit on the rate at which you kill people, and why would that ever need to apply to pb2?  I've only ever seen frag rate used as a measure for skill among deathmatch scenario games.  I can never see a frag rate limit doing much good because the aimbots don't really work well enough that they would only be detected if you were to have many opponents standing in point-blank range unaware of your presence and still the biggest limitation is the firing rate of your gun.  Also what would prevent people for being wrongly identified when their grenade kills a group of 6 at once?
If you're concerned about jumping exploits, why don't you increase the sv_gravity value on your server so that players can't jump as high.

Also, get off jitspoe's case.  These issues others are having are the reason he doesn't release similar builds more often.  Don't make any judgemen ts on the public release of build 15 based on conclusions you came to while using the pretest.  The pretest was just intended as an example of what is to come and I wouldn't recommend using it as your primary client.

SdC.Captin

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2005, 12:51:46 PM »
lmao and umm at pbcup i had right to talk 10 on 2 and i was 68 and 9

lol i was lead so i camped dont feed me bull stuff to rush on 10 vs 2

ohh ya i was on side with 2

It isn't that hard to get a high score like that on pbcup. You have 5x as many targets, and they have 9x the competition to try and get a decent gun.

tecqniqe

No entry found for tecqniqe.
Did you mean technique?

ya i know but with pbcup bieng one of my worst maps

and ya who cares bout spelling

This Is

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2005, 02:07:12 PM »
****** Crazyness....

Murdock

• PGP
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2005, 03:04:41 PM »
Cap on frag rate, are you kidding me?  Where in Quake2 is there a limit on the rate at which you kill people, and why would that ever need to apply to pb2?

I *think* he meant a cap on frame rate, but then again, who ever knows what loial means?

Oh, and I second the part about getting off jitspoe's case. Unless you're privately funding Jit/Cal/DP w/e, take what you get, when you get it. Bug reports and whatnot are fine, but the whining and complaining must be very annoying and discouraging to DP.

/to no one in particular

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2005, 03:45:47 PM »
Ahh frame rate, that would make much more sense ;)
Thanks Murd.
I thought that most of the fps tricks were gone but I may have been out of the q2 client for too long.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2005, 08:53:50 PM »
Cap on frag rate, are you kidding me? Where in Quake2 is there a limit on the rate at which you kill people, and why would that ever need to apply to pb2?

I *think* he meant a cap on frame rate, but then again, who ever knows what loial means?

Oh, and I second the part about getting off jitspoe's case. Unless you're privately funding Jit/Cal/DP w/e, take what you get, when you get it. Bug reports and whatnot are fine, but the whining and complaining must be very annoying and discouraging to DP.

/to no one in particular
Alot of the official rail competition servers with stats do kick for high frag rates aka frags per minute. Before you ask why they used this ssytem,saying their usless. They were voted on by the topranking players were and used as additional bot protection. I assumed you guys were active in rail q2 and other mods, sorry this is/was a common practice. Besides if you have never played on a rail server that scored by frags per minute? Then you never played.

As fas as not understanding me, try beign poilte and asking what I mean in stead being , well..... you know a geek or rude take your pick :) . Belive this I dont understand half the crap your talking about when it comes to detailed mapping.

Being on Jitspoe case? About what? I am curious, I have questions. Some questions are directed to him some are to anyone in general. In any case I ask.

In some cases like this one I assumed you knew what I was talking about. I assumed that people like bain who (with validation) to be the upper tier q2 players would surely know what I was talking about. Of couse this is 2005 not 2001 and this is q2 pb not q2 rail arena.

Notice the people other than I,that were complaining, being a man of his words I do what I say. Notice the ss.

If this personally bothers Jitspoe than let him tell me. He has in the past. Im a big boy I can take critique

Btw I understand your fustration at my ignorance. I only hope you understand my fustrations at your leetist attitudes and how not polite you seem sometimes.
 :) hugs

spelling and grammer must die !!! ;( you dont pay me

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 09:58:43 AM »
Alright, I can see how it could apply to un-moderated stats servers throughout the rail servers because the aimbots could be seen as less noticeable.  In pball2, aimbots are not the problem, and with the effects that different maps have on the frag rate it would become too difficult to agree on one constant frag rate which wouldn't falsely identify aimbots or miss them either.  That is of course, that the aimbots were as effective as in railguns only.

Sorry for giving the impression of directing the build15pretest comment to wards yourself.  It was mostly a general message directed to those who had made comments in the screenshot you posted and those I have seen on a couple channels on irc that had nothing but complaints with the pretest.

If any work effort should be made addressing the cheats currently in use they should be done serverside to cripple the effectiveness of wallhacks.
ncserver was a great start and I would love to see what we can do from there to eliminate the wallhacks.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2005, 04:08:04 PM »
ncserver was terrible and ruined the gameplay for legit players, in my opinion.

Heatnix

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2005, 05:20:35 PM »
This is outragous, Theres a bunch of babys who want build 015 jit, So just realease it tired of people crying k thx.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2005, 05:25:44 PM »
I did.  This is it.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2005, 06:49:47 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:11:57 PM by IronFist »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 02:12:59 PM »
I've made a fix for the keyboard for those of you using non-US layouts.  Test it out and see if it works: http://dpball.com/files/clients/paintball2_build15_keyboard_fix.zip

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 04:39:32 PM »
i downloaded it and extracted it on the paintball2 folder, but when i try to open it an error window pops in and it sais: "unable to load OpenGL refresh!"
so what should i do?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 05:24:04 PM »
Did you overwrite the old paintball2.exe?