Author Topic: General aiming help  (Read 13717 times)

Da_Assassin

• PGP
Re: General aiming help
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2007, 04:13:04 PM »
I've noticed that I take more care in my shots when I pgp, paying a lot of attention on how I lead my opponents and making adjustments. I'm starting to use other weapons as if they are the pgp. I fire more in short spurts and I'm starting to lead as if using the pgp. It even helps to not fire at first sight (a split second) of an opponent (as I do with pgp) and make quick calculations on how far I'm leading and where their going. Lately I've been having good scores on arm. 37-13 in 3 minutes but I was beat by warwulf. Another 47- 18 or someth'in like that. However, a map like pb deathmatch I do a little worst.

I still have lapse often when I may be 16-7 on 1 map and start 0-8 on another. Still trying to get some consistency. Perhaps it's a strategic problem.  I like to rush.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2007, 06:11:38 PM »
I dont think that aiming reflects your score as much as other things in pubs. You're right that its more of a strategy thing. Such as where people are going to be lining, where people will be camping, and where they'll be rushing you from... I think being able to guess where they'll be at before seeing them is a big help for pub scores, more than aim...

edit**     and I mean on maps such as rooftop and the shaz's and such... not so much for arm    ;)

Da_Assassin

• PGP
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »
I'm having a new problem now. I've gotten a little better recently. But my little cousin (18 months) busted my mouse (mechanical, mouse ball type). I bought a new logitech laser mouse which is extremely sensitive. I tried to set the new mouse to the same sensitivity as the old one. However, I can't hit targets at all with the same efficiency. I'm basically playing like I was 2-3 months ago. Is this a common problem with adjusting? I've used another dell optical and it did not have as drastic effects.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2008, 12:58:48 PM »
Control panel > mouse

adjust the sensitivity in there so it is most like your old mouse.

Anyways, laser mice will be a better adjustment as ball type tend to get stuck or jumpy.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2008, 03:34:06 PM »
Try setting the sensitivities in-game too.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2008, 03:43:38 PM »
It's better to set it through the control panel so your desktop speed is what you want, then tweak your games to what you like when you have the default basically set for the rest of your computer.

Da_Assassin

• PGP
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2008, 07:14:38 PM »
for some reason spooks advice seemed to help better as I was already using the in game settings. I think I might be back on track. My ratios are looking better again. I'm still finding it weird after having use a ball type for years. I just half to get used to pulling off some nice reflex shots again.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2008, 09:53:04 PM »
Control panel > mouse

adjust the sensitivity in there so it is most like your old mouse.

Anyways, laser mice will be a better adjustment as ball type tend to get stuck or jumpy.
No, no, no, no, no!  The only thing you want to do in there is uncheck "enhance pointer precision", as that adds mouse acceleration, which will screw up your aim.  If you adjust the mouse speed settings in control panel, windows will mess with the mouse movement in software (so the movement required to move 2 pixels may only move 1 sometimes, but other times, 2).  You're also cheating yourself out of in-game precision.  You want the control panel setting to be exactly in the middle so windows doesn't speed up or slow down the cursor movement, then adjust the sensitivity setting in-game.

Da_Assassin

• PGP
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2008, 02:41:51 PM »
So I should go to control panel and put the settings in the middle and then setup in-game. The problem is the mouse is super sensitive which is good but it is crazy fast. I had to put it on its lowest setting in the logitech's software settings. The default logitech setting had an extreme amount of accerelation that I'm not used to. I'm used to making wild lateral movements to make some nice reflex shots. 

I'm going to try it. Thanks jitspoe for the info. (How do you actually read all of this)

What's the difference between set point implementation and os implementation. The os makes the mouse faster.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2008, 10:31:49 PM »
#1 - Set the mouse to the maximum speed it will do on the hardware.
#2 - Disable all acceleration.
#3 - Adjust the sensitivity down in-game until it performs in a way you're comfortable with.  I use a sensitivity of 6 with high-dpi mice.  I used to use like 20.
#4 - I think I have OCD combined with an uncanny forum addiction.
#5 - Don't mess with the OS implementation - make sure your speed is exactly in the middle in the control panel and enhance pointer precision is UNCHECKED.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2008, 10:57:29 PM »
#4 - I think I have OCD combined with an uncanny forum addiction.

Ha, I actually lol'd when I caught that

Da_Assassin

• PGP
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2008, 11:33:04 PM »
maximum speed. I default is 2 of 10 and it's about 2 or 3 times more than my old mouse. The problem isn't in game but outside the game. It would be insane.

Perhaps no acceleration would help. However, already have it on low.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2008, 12:51:00 AM »

Sorry.  Didn't realize it was contagious.

Da_Assassin: You'll get used to it out of game after a while.  Soon regular mice will feel slow.  It's nice to be able to put the cursor anywhere on the screen only by moving the mouse an inch or two. :)

Da_Assassin

• PGP
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2008, 01:23:38 PM »
Ok... I guess I'll try it.

Da_Assassin

• PGP
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2008, 11:31:52 PM »
Jits the problem is, when I set the mouse (through logitech software at 50% and windows at 50%) my in game mouse setting has to be at 0.4. If I max this mouse it would be 0.09 or someth'in. At 3.0 it look like the impulse thing.  ::)

My old mouse was 10.0. My sister's dell mouse was 6.0. This new mouse was 3.2 at default and 10% speed and low acceleration.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2008, 02:07:21 AM »
You must jerk your mouse around a lot or you don't have acceleration disabled properly.  I don't move mine more than an inch or two.  If it needs to be .4, then set it to .4.