Author Topic: How to add custom models with CUSTOM TEXTURES to the game??  (Read 1919 times)

cusoman

• Autococker
How to add custom models with CUSTOM TEXTURES to the game??
« on: December 03, 2007, 05:44:46 PM »
So i have decided to attempt to start modeling, but before i do anything, i figured i should know how to put the model in the map.  Well i managed to get the bigleaf02.md2 into the game, and it looked good, so i thought i would try my own model, just a cube, and UV map it, so it says CUSO around it, and then i put it in the models folder, along with my texture, and it loads up into the game, but without the texture.  what do i need to do to force the game to load the texture to the model.
A few facts about the model:
-its apparently small, it didnt seem small when i made it, but it seems about 1-2 units per side ( its a cube) when in game.
-its named cube.md2 and its texture is cube.bmp.
-i made it in wings 3d, exported as a 3ds max, imported to blender, then exported as .md2.

I put this in gen. development because it deals with modeling, uv mapping, and mapping (because it has to go in game).
Thank you for your time,
-Cusoman

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: How to add custom models with CUSTOM TEXTURES to the game??
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:59:22 PM »
Open the .md2 in notepad and make sure that your path is set correctly to the texture (generally in first line) it should be something like "/texturename" and not "c:/pony files/texturename"  See below

-Models do look very small, scale it like 25x in Blender

Wait, there's your problem.  Export "cube.bmp" as a .jpg or tga and your texture will most likely work, if not see the above comment I crossed out.
-.md2 is terrible, download a .smd exporter and download SKModeler 1.2 and export SKMs, not md2s.

-y00tz