Author Topic: alias  (Read 6512 times)

Derrek

• Stingray
Re: alias
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005, 08:49:39 AM »
I have an alias that works rather well for shooting around corners while advancing.  Unfortunatly I dont have my config on this comp, so I will explain it rather then giving the exact commands:

bind/alias left handed gun with the key that strafes left.
bind/alias the right handed gun with the key that strafes right.

If you are advancing, you have the advantage of shooting around the corner and get a better angle on the enemy.
If you are retreating, you end up strafing away from the corner, and you end up with a bit more of a disadvantace in that you are shooting less around the corner with the hand farther from the corner.

With this config, I can be behind an object, and still be able to shoot towards the enemy without exposing my self, regardless of which side of the object I need to shoot from.

-Derrek

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2005, 02:08:30 PM »
Hm, that's an interesting idea, but I think it would screw up my aim.

SdC.Captin

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2005, 11:17:12 PM »
can i get the exact one please man!!???

and i wanna make a way to have 2 differant bind sets a match one and normal match one would have same controld but differant bind's like i wouldent be aww (ya i on mine is aww) but incoming and k not thanks but "time!!!"

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2005, 11:19:52 PM »
Are you taking loial lessons? Can you translate for us?

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2005, 08:27:05 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:11:26 PM by IronFist »

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2005, 08:45:26 AM »
*cobo claps
:)

Hobo

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2005, 11:56:49 AM »
Since I've been taking lessons in reading liolaoa I'll try to help Captin.
  You can make another .cfg file to do this.  The default is config.cfg and you can copy, rename (we'll use match.cfg for  example) and edit it to make the changes you want to use in a match.  Then when you want to use those settings/binds type: exec match.cfg (in the console)
You can of course bind a key to: "bind o exec match.cfg" (don't include the quotation marks).
You can bind a key to: "bind p exec config.cfg" to return to your non-match settings, or get fancy and use the same key but I won't get into that right now.  I considered doing this at one time for recon binds, but never did.
  I'll let Derrek post his bind if he wants, I like parts of how it works but probably wouldn't use it myself.

Derrek

• Stingray
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2005, 02:50:15 PM »
Ok....

Using:
'e' for forward
'd' for backward
'f' for strafe right
's' for strafe left

the binds/aliases are as follows:
bind f "+mr"