Author Topic: Sonny crashing servers  (Read 23758 times)

Bling

• Stingray
Re: Sonny crashing servers
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 10:00:19 AM »
Well the command is something you use in every match, thats all I know.

Edit:

Sonny wanted me to paste this for him;

EST-> [11:03:34] Sonny )) I don't "crash" or "hack" server's. I only test a bug. A other german tell me he found a bug in dp². It's a easy dp² command and not a "hack" (all can use it, u don't have to be a operator of these server). If u want u can ban me from the game (perm band or w/e)... But this will never ends, because other ppl know this bug and use it. Unbannme and PM me jits...

Can give you full log if needed.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 10:21:26 AM »
Here's the thing though, testing the bug once, then submitting it to Jitspoe is completely different than going to multiple servers and exploiting the bug. 

Bling

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 10:23:15 AM »
Yeah I completely agree with you y00tz, I do hope he gets a perm ban for it because it's just senseless.  He just wanted me to paste that so I did. :]

Edit: Another message from Sonny;

[11:31:38] Sonny )) tell yootz that iam dont crash all these servers
[11:31:47] Sonny )) other ppl do this

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 10:34:59 AM »
I do not approve what Sonny did. But perm-ban? Yes I might be subjective on this matter since he's my team mate, I'll talk to him to understand why, maybe he'll give me some more info.

What ever happens, I don't think perm-ban should be handed out so easily. He had clean record so far.

Bling

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 10:38:07 AM »
Well the way it was going it looked like everyone wanted a perm ban, so I was just looking ahead, maybe too far?
Anyways, he also said;

[11:36:26] Sonny )) iam kidding vici... i never crashed otbs or memi servers. that are german servers
[11:36:38] Sonny )) and i don't crash servers from my fiends

vici he means ViciouZ I think, and fiends I think he means friends.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 10:43:27 AM »
Well the way it was going it looked like everyone wanted a perm ban, so I was just looking ahead, maybe too far?

Group mentality ftw...

It should be a committee issue to resolve. That's why we have them.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »
You can't exactly call it testing when you go through and kill almost every NA server (including all of the B20 test servers which aren't on auto-restart scripts).  Not killing his friend's servers?  Sorry that I ever let him use my servers for his tournaments, and didn't complain at all when he very blatantly copied my entire tournament thread for his most recent tournament (I let him "use" the rules).

I've found exploits to get the rcon password from numerous servers, but I've always handled it behind closed doors with the server admins or jitspoe himself when necessary.  The fact that he didn't even discover this just reaffirms my beliefs that he's a worthless script-kiddie.  He couldn't figure out how to make a match script in PHP with 75% of the code, and I'm glad that no one finished it for him.  If it isn't already a joomla module, don't expect it to be on leezerz.com any time soon.  Makes me wonder if he at least ponied up the 30 euros to use that theme he's got on there or if he's pirated that as well...

firefly

• PGP
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 12:05:46 PM »
Maybe it wasn't him? Maybe someone went on his computer while he was away (like a sibling or friend (ex - friend that should be) and did this. Maybe they were jealous of him

Or maybe he did it.

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 12:12:02 PM »
Hmmmm, it seems that our server is still under attack from an unknown source. Someone has crashed it at least 3 times today, but there are no recorded console commands in our logs.

Is there anyway I can record that to see who the culprit is? (I'm pretty sure its not Sonny)

- Reed

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 12:20:22 PM »
set display_commands 1

add that to your server.cfg file
it'll show every command being sent to the server, so your log size will increase by quite a bit.

also make sure you have: set sl_logging 2 and set sl_logging server#.log

I'm disappointed in Sonny.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 12:24:57 PM »
display_commands
Displays all the commands passed by players to the console; useful for debugging and finding out who is abusing certain commands.
default: 0

Found it.

Edit:
Krewzer beat me to it...

Krewzer

• Stingray
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 12:33:14 PM »
Hurray for global login!  Without it we'd be seeing people posting that it wasn't them... now all they have it the "But I was mowing the lawn when that happened!"

Sonny #5263
Dark'Kakashi (wurst) #5443

Both have been logged

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 12:33:40 PM »
Maybe it wasn't him? Maybe someone went on his computer while he was away (like a sibling or friend (ex - friend that should be) and did this. Maybe they were jealous of him

Or maybe he did it.

Or maybe he was out mowing his lawn and his mom came in and started hacking servers from his computer!!! [/sarcastic rant]

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 12:35:32 PM »
I'm very dissapointed to see this, especially seeing as our server was hit too (so not 'just' N.A servers).

This annoys me because of the attitude of the people who think it's funny to do this - DP might be a free game but server admins pay money to run servers for everyone's benefit, not for idiots to go around wasting other peoples money.

- Dagless

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 12:38:07 PM »
Hurray for global login!  Without it we'd be seeing people posting that it wasn't them... now all they have it the "But I was mowing the lawn when that happened!"

Sonny #5263
Dark'Kakashi (wurst) #5443

Both have been logged
ahhhhh
was finding kinda strange playah coming here with his awesome english just to defend sonny :)

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2007, 12:46:48 PM »
He clearly didn't just crash one server for testing. My server was also a victim (and (I thought) we happened to be on good terms at the time too).

Beyond that, someone tried to crash my server again overnight. =/

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2007, 12:53:14 PM »
Can someone who has logged (or simply happens to know) the command please message me and the other respected server admins.  The simple solution until jitspoe gets settled, is to add a new line to commands.txt with the command and setting it to a high oppasslevel (250 or whatever applies for your server).

snoop

• PGP
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 01:03:06 PM »
oh man sonny what did you do  >:(

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2007, 01:39:11 PM »
Mine crashed again today, as well as yesterday. Sad especially as he was in my clan at the time (even using my tag :( ). Like Dagless said, the worst thing about it is we are paying money to let people play for free, and people cant play because he puts down the servers.

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2007, 02:14:31 PM »
Okokok....

At first it isnt a hack or something excrement like this

story :

Yesterday we (#darkness) played a match vs OvP on chilidogs , then frozer said on ts : " EDIT" ( was a joke)
So i wrote "edit" into the console, after that the server crashed. after the restart of the server (otb autorestart) , i tried it again.... -> server down...

so i connected to OTB Speed server and tried it .... -> server down
i told it to my members and to sonny and the most of them tried it out , so many server went off.

mmmh... its a paintball glitch , i think , and im sure , jits can fix it.
hopefully czechs dont read this forums, becuase everyone can do this...

So pls , dont ban us or somethink like this, i think , the most of them ,who crashed a server , are sorry about that