Author Topic: Matter of Opinion  (Read 14242 times)

FlaMe

• Autococker
Re: Matter of Opinion
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2007, 07:15:25 PM »
Yeah crashing a server should be compared to me murdering a person vs a whole family... good point... you got me

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2007, 07:15:49 PM »
Lekky, based off that last statement, youre contradicting everything the "committee" has said about equality and unbiased decisions.

They did the same thing... same ban time... theres nothing you can argue that will justify sonny being banned longer than sk89

Sorry next time ill get 2 life sentences, die and come back to serve out my second...

GOOD POINT... really tore me to shreds...

Added: Im not off topic at all...

For instance, people have NOT been banned for multiple accounts. Others have. I'm still not understanding your base argument, you think we should base these punishments on the punishments of other bans? How so. This is a totally new situation.

EDIT: im not saying we should lock them away for 20 years. I used that example to show you that people breaking the same rule, in different quantities dont always deserve hte same punishment. Thats was a simple example, direct and to the point, please try and take it as that.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2007, 07:18:48 PM »
For instance, people have NOT been banned for multiple accounts. Others have. I'm still not understanding your base argument, you think we should base these punishments on the punishments of other bans? How so. This is a totally new situation.

People are banned for multiple accounts some just havent been caught yet...

Name a scenario where someones ban has been longer for doing the exact same thing?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2007, 07:19:38 PM »
wow, dont go bashing queenie, you both did the same thing with unjust reasons...

you both deserve a 32 day ban, idc how much thinking you had behind it, you had no reason to do what you did other than to test it out because it sounded cool. Obviously it worked or nobody would have told you about it...

gg

Queenie crashed one of my servers while his clan was in the middle of a match/scrim...  I find this much worse then crashing any of the other pub servers (not because they're mine, because this was a competitive game, not some ub_cliff 5s respawn crap).  I'm not patching the problem on my servers because I don't want to cripple them for those of us who can behave nicely.  Anyone who does crash them will find themselves excluded from any pub servers, tournaments or leagues that I ever hold in the future, at my discretion.

This isn't a black and white issue.  sk89q was one of the few people that were actually working towards a solution along side myself, Viciouz, KnacK, krewzer, and a couple others.  It was a collaborative effort and I commend his actions.  Let GT iptables him out if they want.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2007, 07:19:57 PM »
People are banned for multiple accounts some just havent been caught yet...

Name a scenario where someones ban has been longer for doing the exact same thing?

Ok, we have not banned someone for having more than one account, happy? Someone else has multiple accounts and gets banned for 8 days, someone else got a 16 day ban.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2007, 07:21:39 PM »
Biased

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2007, 07:23:15 PM »
eg, one account registered 4 months ago and never used.

eg, 4 accounts used consistently.

Biased?

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2007, 07:23:35 PM »
Well, I believe my point, as it is the point of many others, has been justly supported and displayed tonight, so I am getting off till another time, to continue this argument, as I am sure it will not be over for many a day. A bid you a due.

Oh and remember to never personally attack a person individually, but rather attack there ideas and actions to which you disagree with.

-Cusoman

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2007, 07:24:31 PM »
Ok, we have not banned someone for having more than one account, happy? Someone else has multiple accounts and gets banned for 8 days, someone else got a 16 day ban.

once again. bad example...

They both admitted to it openly... Nobody denied the server crashing. Obv not sonny and definitely not queenie, nor did sk89q.

Equal bans based off the multi-account standards, am i right?

Magical-Tree

• Stingray
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2007, 07:24:46 PM »
Pahah, this thread is so pointless.

Is it even a big deal if a server got crashed, they where all probably on a restart script anyway. I'm not saying that Sonny did was right, He deserves band time, But 32 days is far to much, I think even 8 is pushing it. But why use Sonny to set an example to everyone else that crashed servers after the act as been commited.

Why was he banned from the forums, I never saw him flaming anyone.

~MT

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2007, 07:24:52 PM »
No, dont you read Flame?!

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2007, 07:26:20 PM »
eg, one account registered 4 months ago and never used.

eg, 4 accounts used consistently.

Biased?

I believe Dark was talking to Xbain anyway...

and that goes back to my other post with the list of stuff... the severity doesnt matter, bans are equal

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2007, 07:27:07 PM »
Golly, obviously not. One was more severe and got a ban, the other one didn't...

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2007, 07:27:21 PM »
No, dont you read Flame?!

Yes, THEY BOTH ADMITTED TO IT... 8 day ban for all... gg

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2007, 07:28:06 PM »
Golly, obviously not. One was more severe and got a ban, the other one didn't...

so now what? the committee is basing who they ban based on who they like more? good job?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2007, 07:28:32 PM »
ok, both admitted, one got an 8 day ban, one didnt get a ban. Seriously though, read my whole posts.

EDIT: read the reasons above. Going to stop posting now as i think you're doing this on purpose..

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2007, 07:31:45 PM »
Does it matter how "bad" it was? It was still a personal attack. DirtyTaco, Myself, Bob, Skater, have all been banned for the simplest of a personal attack. Simply calling someone merry has gotten me banned. Now all I'm asking for is a little justice in explaining why sk89q is not banned for personally attacking me. But Knack (being the coward that he is) refuses to answer my question, along with any other admin.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2007, 07:33:03 PM »
Every single ban in this game has been equal to the offense, not the amount of times unless it occurred after the 1st ban / getting caught...

Why start now with Sonny as a test subject and let sk89 get off easy?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »
Does it matter how "bad" it was? It was still a personal attack. DirtyTaco, Myself, Bob, Skater, have all been banned for the simplest of a personal attack. Simply calling someone merry has gotten me banned. Now all I'm asking for is a little justice in explaining why sk89q is not banned for personally attacking me. But Knack (being the coward that he is) refuses to answer my question, along with any other admin.

Just posted that in case people who didnt see the posts get the wrong idea :P But yeah..

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2007, 08:18:51 PM »
Knack (being the coward that he is)

Exchange illogical or brainless for coward, and this is essentially the same 'attack' sk89q landed against you, drop it.