Author Topic: Voice of community  (Read 18159 times)

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
Voice of community
« on: December 20, 2007, 02:28:07 AM »
Yes, this again links to threads Sonny crashing servers and Matter of opinion.

This time I urge you not to post about what happend. I don't know exactly why the thread Matter of opinion was locked, I wasn't able to participate anymore in that thread last nigh because my body wanted to catch some sleep.

What is my goal here you ask?

As I stated above, I don't want for people to post anymore on that subject, more or less all have been said with one exepction. We haven't heard Sonnys point of view and also I'd like for committee members to post their opinions here.

I'll try to give a quick facts:

- we know who started crashing the servers
- we know who took the blame for it, and that person didn't started crashing in first place.
- we know that the issue is not black and white, it never is, but bans usually are
- we know that there are people who stick together and that they are defending their favorites, but the fact is that no matter what you do or did for PB in general, rules have to be obeyed
- we have a presedan - Sonnys 32 day ban

-we don't have any insight on punishment for the others
- we don't know what is committee doing to resolve this issue
- we don't know is this going to have a closure, or will it be swept away - this is the main part I started this topic

I ask again, please do not post anymore on that subject, it'll be considered off topic and the thread will be locked. I ask for Sonny, committee members  mods and anyone who would like to admit something that they have done on this matter (like coLa, there's a man with principles who came out to disclose his laundry)and have not said it openly to give their voices, opinions with EVIDENCES, and reasonable course of action.

Community is divided on this matter, if committee fails to resolve this quick and most of all fair I think that time will come to question integrity of committee and persons elected for it.

Please, I don't want to lock this topic so if you don't fall into any of group mentioned above, do not post.

Edited for early morning, might edit more - grammar wise

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
Re: Voice of community
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 02:35:20 AM »
Also I'd like to add - if you have anything to say to me you can always contact me by PM here or on IRC - #team_qehs

DO NOT POST IT HERE!!!

This topic wasn't made for that.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 08:32:29 AM »
...so this is a topic for us not to talk about the situation? I think the last topic being locked kind of hinted that the discussion's run it's course.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 08:43:58 AM »
The discussion hasn't run its course though, because nothing has been done, and there has been plenty of time.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 09:14:14 AM »
The discussion hasn't run its course though, because nothing has been done, and there has been plenty of time.

You've been absent from the forums for a while, so you haven't had the chance to notice that anytime the committee is involved, it usually tacks on about 10 days to decisions process until all parties are have submitted their vote and they've come to some sort of unanimous decision.  This is the price that we all pay for having having elected members of our community be part of the decision making process.  I know, I know... Sonny was banned without any sort of formal committee decision, but this is something that needs to be addressed to and responded by jitspoe, not any member of the committee.

I think that the best thing for you to do personally would be to voice your opinion with someone who is a member of the committee which might actually listen to you (two names pop into mind, you can probably figure it out).  These threads are just going to keep getting flame-locked, anyway.

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 09:46:59 AM »
Let it be my friend... That's still senseless, because no one know the real story. I'm fine with a 32day global ban. I will enjoy my time without dp². I hope jitspoe will fix this bug in the next build or pretest version. I'm hopeful that the guy's who found a bug next time immediately report this to jitspoe.

How long i will get a ban? I read that the committee will decide this. PM me please or post here.

www.Leezerz.com

edit: I can deal with my English skillz. I hope u can do the same...

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 10:13:54 AM »
Why don't you post the real story Sonny so that eveyone understands what happened from your viewpoint?

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 10:39:37 AM »
Because I don't want. It's the pure dissipation of my invaluable energy. I'm not interested to see more player's banned. I think you do the same. There are a lot of acquaintance person's who crashed server's. I can recur me. I'm fine with a 32day global ban. But please don't ban me from mIRC #paintball and this forum. I never flame or spam there. No reason for that. And i think you have no reason to ban me from there. I think it isn't necessary to ban Leezerz from the community.

-Sonny

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 10:46:57 AM »
Very well. I wish you would explain but that is your choice.

Thanks for the response.

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 10:53:07 AM »

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 11:08:16 AM »
Why you want to hear(read) my viewpoint? Only for banning more players? I'm sure that can't be your wish. I'm a fair guy with decency, lordly and honesty. I think's it's unequable to ban more players for that. I think it's the right order to global ban me. I agree and deal with it. Please lock this thread. This is the end of this discussion. Thanks to all who defend me. I respect you. <3 I wish u all a merry Christmas time and many presents.

-Sonny  

@viper: I think KnacK and the commitee are more interested to know who crash server's. But don't whistle-blowing viper. <3

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 11:29:23 AM »
Sonny,

I have personally been accused of being one sided and playing favorites.  In order to make the most educated decisions possible in the committee we try to gather all sides and debate it.  I am not looking at you point a finger at anyone else.

I guess we will have to accept your response.

Thanks

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 11:58:21 AM »
I would like to keep this thread opened for the time beeing, hopefully to the time when committee resolve this and post their explanation here, because they were elected from the players, for the players and I wanna know the reasons on any action taken.

Makes me sad that Viper told the true story and we all know what happend afterwards. Alot of people crashed servers. No matter their intensions, verdict must be swift and fair for all.

I'm sorry Sonny you still don't wanna say what happend, I hope you will change your mind.

Please, no flaming, we now know all viewpoints. Keep it civil.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
Why you want to hear(read) my viewpoint? Only for banning more players? I'm sure that can't be your wish. I'm a fair guy with decency, lordly and honesty. I think's it's unequable to ban more players for that. I think it's the right order to global ban me. I agree and deal with it. Please lock this thread. This is the end of this discussion. Thanks to all who defend me. I respect you. <3 I wish u all a merry Christmas time and many presents.

-Sonny   

@viper: I think KnacK and the commitee are more interested to know who crash server's. But don't whistle-blowing viper. <3

Nobodys arguing your ban... everyone knows you deserve it... the question is

What about everybody else?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 01:38:52 PM »
Nobodys arguing your ban... everyone knows you deserve it... the question is

What about everybody else?

Working on it. Like I've told you many times, explicitly.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 01:51:19 PM »
That's why I wanna keepe this thread opend. So that committee can say why did they gave the verdict they'll give.

So we, the people can see the exact reason, and understand what are you actually dooing in there.

Like worst senteces ever...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 01:56:44 PM »
Let it be guy's. It's enough to ban me....

Sonny, you did a bad thing, and deserve a ban. How can you even justify what you just said? Are you just trying to make yourself sound sympathetic, as if you did nothing wrong? As if it was wrong to ban someone for crashing peoples servers? People are not protesting to release your ban, just for equality, so just remember that ok.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »

Lekky what are you talking about? He means he doesnt care who else gets banned and if they do get banned and that hes fine with only himself getting banned...

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 02:36:49 PM »
Wow quit deleting posts and hiding behind your admin power... You guys are too afraid to leave Y2Js posts up... cowardice

His post, and this post, wll be removed as they are NOT on topic.

You think I am a forum nazi? I am now going to live up to the roll that you portray me to be.

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 03:00:05 PM »

Your persistent urgency in preventing the banning of others is becoming a little odd.

He means he doesnt care who else gets banned

Of course he cares, but for the right reasons? I'm starting to think otherwise...