Author Topic: Voice of community  (Read 18183 times)

FlaMe

• Autococker
Re: Voice of community
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 03:39:48 PM »
idk P!nk i've gotten to know sonny quite well... he seems like a genuinely good guy...

I dont think theres a mass conspiracy behind this.

I will be mad however if sk89, brock and any other server crashers are not banned as well

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 03:55:29 PM »
idk P!nk i've gotten to know sonny quite well... he seems like a genuinely good guy...

I dont think theres a mass conspiracy behind this.

The way he acted while crashing the servers seemed to point to the opposite of being a nice person, but perhaps you know him better. And I'm not looking for a mass conspiracy, if I ever act like that, it's done sarcastically. In this case, I have simply been wondering if a few of his friends took part in the server crashing (which is not unlikely, a lot of people were doing it), and he is trying to keep them from being banned.

In either case, it doesn't really matter, but Knack's name could be cleared up easier if Sonny's story were told.

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »
His post, and this post, wll be removed as they are NOT on topic.

Since your post will probably be deleted:

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=10809.0

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 05:32:55 PM »
P!nk not trying to argue... but yeah if he's got enough dignity to say idc if im banned, i just want to run my servers and hold this tournament thats different
...If you guys can ban him from his own servers, thats just retarded.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 07:34:02 PM »
No it isn't retarded, because if he didn't get banned from his servers he would just hack there, and noobs and other ppl who aren't appreciative of how hard jits has worked on this game would take avantage of it, pick up on it, and go and make their own servers. Then this game just wouldn't be sane anymore and dp would fall apart. That's the bottom line

I don't have anything against sonny but people are right, he should of tested it once than immediately told jitspoe. He wants to take his ban like a man so let him have it. He asked for it and he should get it. As for the others that used it they need to be banned, and sonny's plea for them to get off the hook should be ignored. Cuz if people hack or cheat or whatever you want to call it and don't get in trouble because one man wants to take the heat for it,... well thats just BS because if they don't get in trouble, and i do for hacking (which i never have hacked,or tried,or will) that is unfair and unjust. Give them their bans and let it go.

-erad

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 07:36:48 PM »
What? in gods name that is less justified than Y2J Being forum banned...

Hacking his own servers? he didnt hack... WHY WOULD HE CRASH HIS OWN SERVERS HE PAYS FOR...

Think before you talk... if i had 150 admins in a server id just bind mouse1 to viewgib if i was in a bad mood...

Hes not ZGHing his own servers, and if he was who cares, theyre HIS servers.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 07:49:34 PM »
Well OK I take some of that back flame. I misunderstood and thought he was crashing his own servers for god knows whatever reason! but I guess not, I apologize for putting it like that. But if he did something he wasn't supposed to then he should get his ban and not be able to play, PERIOD. But what I said about how if he, or anyone else hacked on their servers jits should still lay the smackdown on their candy asses, and not allow them to do it because everybody would create their own servers and DP wouldn't be fun anymore.

Just clearing things up friend.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 08:10:34 PM by eradicator »

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 08:02:29 PM »
How am I flaming? I'm asking Knack why SK89Q wasn't forum banned for a personal attack on me. It's a perfectly reasonable question, seeing as many people I know have been banned for the same thing. The fact that Knack refuses to address this issue proves he knows he's in the wrong for not banning him, but will not ban him because they must share a friendship of some sort. Admins should not be able to not ban their friends for breaking forum rules. Everyone knows if I would have personally attacked SK89Q in response I would be banned from the forums.

I'm simply asking Knack why he is so much of a coward, and I have the backing to call him that, as i have now asked him at least 10 times, why SK89Q wasn't banned, and he won't address the issue.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 08:04:20 PM »
Ahh crap nvm I read flames post wrong.
What? in gods name that is less justified than Y2J Being forum banned...

No one was flaming anyone. sorry for that. im tired, time to go to bed.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 08:09:39 PM »
I really dont have to explain anything to you.

I hope it makes you feel better calling me a coward.

Don't like it? Bring it to Jit's attention.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2007, 08:13:53 PM »
I kinda have ta agree with Y2J on this one. After reading I agree that sk89q should be banned.

Shouldnt everyone be treated fairly here?

C'mon knack just do the right thing and ban him.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2007, 08:30:48 PM »
It's not just me that doesn't agree with it Knack, it's a lot of people.

It isn't right that you don't ban everyone for breaking the rules, you just ban those you don't like.

But hey, if I was 60, probably divorced, and the highlight of my life was being an admin of the DP forums all day, deleting post Y2J makes to make myself look better, I guess I would be an arrogant excretory opening on here also.

And let me add, it doesn't make me feel better calling you a coward, that's just a simple fact that you have proven. It'd make me feel better knowing we had admins that weren't so biased and would actually enforce the rules on others than skater and bob.

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 08:48:01 PM »
Replace Sonny with Y2J, leave sk89q, and replace the committee as a whole with Knack. Vola. Is that the point you're making, Y2J, as far as possible bias? Or not. :X

I'm asking this because walking into this thread is like walking into a tornado.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2007, 08:53:41 PM »
Y2J, I understand you are upset, but really try not to bring someones personal life into an argument, because that would be and is a very crude act.  Also, since I have commented on other threads on this topic before, I believe that what you are fighting for is wrong.  Sonny has admitted to the crashing of servers and accepted his ban without protest, which is the right thing to do.  But now, you fight for others Such as Sk89q and Queenie, to have equal ban times to Sonny, and I for one think this is an outrageous notion.  To my knowledge, Sk89q and Queenie were part of the original "exploit testing team" more or less and helped bring this command into light.  They also stated both before and after crashing their ONE server a piece that they were testing the exploit out.  They committed harmless acts crashing their own servers, and that doesn't count, but they each crashed 1 other server that did not effect anyone.  I know Sk89q's GT server he crashed was on a restart script and had 0 people in it, and did no harm.  Now you say that one should be banned for 1 server, because it is equal to 10 servers, and although what sk89q and queenie did wasn't exactly correct,  i say "heres to the men who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right...[nods]...what they knew was right." (national treasure)

And also, If you feel so strongly about their being banned, I believe you will get no where arguing for equal ban times, but rather by arguing for a lesser ban time for that one server that "they knew was right"

-Cusoman

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »
Actually I crashed several more.   But still, the servers were restarted, were any lives lost?

You do the math.

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »
P!nk, no in the sense that Sonny is currently the only one banned for the act, while others have admitted to it, and been caught doing it, thus it's not right for him to have been banned so long prior to the others. Once a decision is reached, then ban. Don't ban one person, leave the others unbanned, and then sit around for a week threatening action on the others. And I believe that is a failure on the committee. Maybe not personal bias, as much as the committee being in general useless and unfair, even though it was supposed to be taking care of these issues.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 09:15:49 PM »
Ahh crap nvm I read flames post wrong.
No one was flaming anyone. sorry for that. im tired, time to go to bed.

nah my bad... im just frustrated today lol and needed to vent anger... so i took it out on forums.. lol sorry erad

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 09:19:15 PM »
How am I flaming? I'm asking Knack why SK89Q wasn't forum banned for a personal attack on me.

And in the process you've flamed knack and others. At this point, I don't think sk89q should be banned from the forums at all, since you clearly deserve whatever you said.

That aside, sk89q's acted very well in the past. He contributes to the game and helps those who need help. You, on the other hand, hardly seem to be worth having around. I think he can be forgiven for letting some things slip. But you really have to get off this. Everyone knows what happened, everyone knows sk89q insulted you, and everyone knows he hasn't been banned yet. Maybe he will get banned, maybe he won't. But either way, whining about it in every other post you make isn't going to make your case look any better.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 09:24:49 PM »
Also, since I have commented on other threads on this topic before, I believe that what you are fighting for is wrong.  Sonny has admitted to the crashing of servers and accepted his ban without protest, which is the right thing to do.  But now, you fight for others Such as Sk89q and Queenie, to have equal ban times to Sonny, and I for one think this is an outrageous notion.  To my knowledge, Sk89q and Queenie were part of the original "exploit testing team" more or less and helped bring this command into light.  They also stated both before and after crashing their ONE server a piece that they were testing the exploit out.  They committed harmless acts crashing their own servers, and that doesn't count, but they each crashed 1 other server that did not effect anyone.  I know Sk89q's GT server he crashed was on a restart script and had 0 people in it, and did no harm.  Now you say that one should be banned for 1 server, because it is equal to 10 servers, and although what sk89q and queenie did wasn't exactly correct,  i say "heres to the men who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right...[nods]...what they knew was right." (national treasure)

And also, If you feel so strongly about their being banned, I believe you will get no where arguing for equal ban times, but rather by arguing for a lesser ban time for that one server that "they knew was right"

-Cusoman

you must have missed my last post before the last topic was locked, you might want to go back and read it. this crashing of servers is not something as small as creating multiple accounts. therefor it should not be treated as such. i do realize that MOST of the servers that were crashed were on restart scripts, but does that make it any less worse? no. each time a server is crashed, restart script not, it takes time for it to come back online. who knows, that 1 single time could have messed with the config of the server. that would bring the admin to waste his precious time in fixing the problems that someone did because he wanted to "test" something that he was unsure would work or not.
  like i said before if these "crashers" would have done it on their own servers, this would be a totally different story. but they didn't. instead, they went onto other peoples servers and tested this exploit causing them to crash. handing out shorter bans for people who only did it once or twice as opposed 10-15 times, would not justify these actions. this is a serious problem and should be dealt with accordingly.
  as stated before, i don't believe a 32 day ban is the best solution. but then again it does fit the crime. i just hope you don't treat this like a multiple account infraction, because it should be handled in a more serious manner. no matter the amount of servers crashed, every person affiliated should be banned equally.

your lovable soft drink.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 09:27:14 PM »
* Flame hugs coLa and !kbs all of you from every channel possible