Author Topic: Map Suggestions For servers...  (Read 1931 times)

Anrkist

• VM-68
Map Suggestions For servers...
« on: January 20, 2003, 01:49:12 PM »
Dont yall miss me posting so much ?? All the annoying flames and rants? ahh those were the days!

I dont have much to request but maybe some people will chime in.

Warhouse.. I havent played this scince like after beta 4.5 it was a great map why dont we see it much anymore ??

pb2dm1.. This map got really old after awhile.. but its been a long time scince I played DM in DP id like to try it out again.

Cfire.. to me this was almost a perfect map.. not much to it , wasnt to big and wasnt to small and didnt have a ton of obstacles that got in the way.

Splatterhouse.. Alot of fun once you figured out your way around!

Anyways just some suggestions of all time classics =]

meat

• VM-68
Re: Map Suggestions For servers...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 06:12:30 PM »
i would have to agree with those request's for maps.  and isnt there a voting system built into quake 2, like map voting and such??

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 10:00:40 PM »
I don't think so.  I plan to implement some kind of map voting thing though, but it will likely require a map to be in the rotation in order to vote for it.  Maybe I'll expand it some more and allow for maps not in the rotation to be voted for....

meat

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2003, 02:33:36 PM »
that would be nice.  would you have it so a vote needs at least have of the servers votes or would you have it so that the map with the most votes gets played next?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2003, 05:39:33 PM »
I talked about it in an earlier thread, but basically the votes would get added to the maps after every match, plus every map would get a default vote (basically, the maps would just cycle if nobody votes).  The map with the most votes at the end of a match would get played next and have its vote count reset.  Rather than voting for a map and have it either get played or not played, voting influences how soon in the rotation the map you voted for will come up.

meat

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2003, 06:10:03 PM »
That sounds like it should work out quite nice.