Author Topic: any one know....?  (Read 1446 times)

simple@

• PGP
any one know....?
« on: December 20, 2007, 10:42:12 AM »
any one know how to open the demos on pb2 mine wont open?anyone?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: any one know....?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 10:48:40 AM »
Are you getting an error?
Are you sure you're trying to open them while in the game (from the Main Menu, select Play then select Recorded demo or whatever the option is called).  We don't have an official demo launcher that lets you open the demo by double clicking it inside windows.
Is it only certain demos, or all of them?
Are they all in the c:\Games\paintball2\pball\demos folder?  The Play menu isn't friendly with subdirectories (yet).

If all else fails see if you can load the demo through the console, the command would be:
map mysweetdemoname.dm2

simple@

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 10:51:17 AM »
well i was hoping to put it onyou yube so that some clans could see my skills so.......:S

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 10:55:14 AM »
Well, that happens to be a lot harder then most people would think, unfortunately.  The most common practice with sharing demos in this community is to upload them to http://www.zilla-clan.net/upload/ and share the link on the forums or IRC.

Offtopic:  I don't follow Halo at all, but is there a new feature in Halo 3 that lets you make straight videos from replays and is that why everyone and their dog has them uploaded to youtube?

simple@

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:56:34 AM »
thanks man:D

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 12:35:12 PM »
ViciouZ made a demo->avi "converter," but it's a little complicated.

You can use a program like Fraps or Camtasia Recorder to record the game while playing the demo.