Author Topic: ive just about had it  (Read 1925 times)

marth

• Stingray
ive just about had it
« on: December 24, 2007, 05:19:40 PM »
will someone please tell me some tips about aiming?!? apparently trying to put the cursor over the enemy isnt enough, will someone please tell me how to stink a little less?! i get no better no matter how long i play, i know how to jump and crap fairly well, but i always get shot by some person in a corner, or someone who isnt remaining still, will someone please help before the stress this game makes gets the best of me? im already on the verge of quitting, and ill never be known as anything past noob.
how do the pros aim so well?!
please help T.T, its the only fps that runs on my comp
(i dont expect to get better in an instant, but i expect to get at least slightly better after a long time :/, and im also stressed out, sorry x.x)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: ive just about had it
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 05:23:09 PM »
If you just put your reticule over the enemy, that probably won't kill them. The balls you shoot are affected by gravity, so you'll have to aim above where they are to allow the balls to fall to them. The balls are also fairly slow, so you have to lead your enemy if they're a fair distance away.

Just practice doing that and not getting killed. :P

vague312

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 05:44:25 PM »
start a new game under dodgeball and practice against a few bots with the pgp. The bots are a pain in the a** but good practice.
When shooting at a running target make sure you lead the target a bit so they run into your paint.

give it time even the best sucked at one time.
it happens to everyone  ;D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 11:19:44 PM by vague312 »

Da_Assassin

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
I made an aiming help topic on the help and support section. Xtremebain and others had some advice. http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=10576.0You want to figure how how to lead your targets and the trajectory of the guns.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 07:55:05 PM »
Just aim where you think your enemy is going to go.  Remember, paintballs drop, they don't go completely straight at far distances.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 08:11:48 PM »
lower your sensitivity, zoom out ur fov, and try binding your gun hands... help a lot

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 08:54:58 PM »
Honestly the best thing I have found is to just be impulsive. And by that I mean if you see somebody just kinda throw your cursor at them and then put it back in front of you.

marth

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 09:29:29 AM »
kind of nice to see a forum being generally nice instead of bashing me to no tomorrow :P
If you just put your reticule over the enemy, that probably won't kill them. The balls you shoot are affected by gravity, so you'll have to aim above where they are to allow the balls to fall to them. The balls are also fairly slow, so you have to lead your enemy if they're a fair distance away.

Just practice doing that and not getting killed. :P
im going to try that on some bots, but first i gotta reinstall dp >.>
also, is there such thing as reflex aiming?

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 10:19:35 AM »
also, is there such thing as reflex aiming?

Reflex aiming or "twitch shots" are pretty common. Everything will all fall into place when you get the basics of the game down. I played with you yesterday, you weren't that bad.

Practice, Practice..