Author Topic: Clan question.  (Read 2662 times)

Da_Assassin

• PGP
Clan question.
« on: December 24, 2007, 07:39:12 PM »
Please don't flame me.

I joined a clan a few days ago that was started by the leader blackout called Kr3w( tag .kr3w-). Veteran players have been telling me in pubs to remove the tag due to an older clan, an established one, (I've been told 2 years ago) from through a quick search on the forums I seen as [krew]. I and the clan starter have been playing about 6 months and less. Note that the clan isn't a part of the login as we had no way of knowing that there was a clan named krew. What should I advise the leader to do? Change it as other have been demanding (rudely as if we knew and stole it) or what?

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
Re: Clan question.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 07:53:05 PM »
I'd change the name.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 07:53:55 PM »
y00tzy p00tzy puddin pie, move this. :D

Secondly, i'd change the name of it.  That was ZeroLegend and I telling you to take it off today wasn't it?

It's as bad as Hyphy trying to bring Apex back.

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 08:59:25 PM »
Keep it, that clan is never coming back.

Stealing old players names seems to be the done thing now adays *GLARES AT LEKKY*

Da_Assassin

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 09:01:37 PM »
I don't think you were refering to us but we didn't intentionally take it. It was a coincidence. Blackout said he got it from a skate magazine.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 12:13:03 AM by Da_Assassin »

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 09:49:37 PM »
unfortunately if a clan tag is not registered it's fair game.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 11:41:52 PM »
so the new Apex clan is fair game? as well as the clan that stole Allstarz's [***] ? i think there need be some exceptions

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 01:14:37 AM »
Active clans get their tags, of course. But it sounds like that clan isn't active, and hasn't been for a while.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 01:30:24 PM »
Obviously it IS fair game if it not registered, but seeing as Krew were a pretty substantial clan in the past, and the ease of picking any other clan tag, makes me want to implore you to change it.

You have the right to keep it, but I'd just like to see Krew (and any other old clan name) free. I had a fair bit of respect for the Krew guys, so I'll be sorry to see people playing with the same name.

This goes for players too, *cough* Lekky / Demi *cough*.

- Dagless M.D

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 02:11:21 PM »

Krew gave us some awesome times, hehe.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »
Krew were good, you're a jerk Reed.

I always wondered if we'd be able to beat them when we first started playing, and the match in the PBCup was a nice result for us.

- Dagless

Da_Assassin

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 11:51:19 PM »
Obviously it IS fair game if it not registered, but seeing as Krew were a pretty substantial clan in the past, and the ease of picking any other clan tag, makes me want to implore you to change it.

You have the right to keep it, but I'd just like to see Krew (and any other old clan name) free. I had a fair bit of respect for the Krew guys, so I'll be sorry to see people playing with the same name.

This goes for players too, *cough* Lekky / Demi *cough*.

- Dagless M.D

I can empathize with that. But in the end, it's up to the leader blackout to change it. I guess I'll talk to him some more.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 08:37:49 AM »
Speaking of hyphy and stealing names, he just registed the name digi :D