Author Topic: Limewire: Your Thoughts  (Read 5492 times)

coLa

• Autococker
Re: Limewire: Your Thoughts
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 12:12:12 AM »
funny stuff yo... but it's been mentioned already. but by using a torrent

Magical-Tree

• Stingray
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 06:47:09 PM »
Limewire is alright, Gets the job done. But coLa hit the nail on the head here, Soulseek is the best programme around if you're looking to get music, especially if your looking for rare stuff.

~MT

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »
For single songs? Use this

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 07:10:57 PM »
It's funny, because people say they like limewire, but not torrents.

Too bad Limewire IS torrenting.

Fail.

Edit: play3r1 are you scope?

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 07:16:51 PM »
Limewire is P2P isn't it?

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 07:39:17 PM »
Actually, Limewire uses the gnutella network to share files, BitTorrent-protocol applications do not. Both applications are 'P2P' to varying degrees, but that's not saying much really.

I used Limewire for individual songs up until recently, but then it's just been taken over by all those junk results. I just don't bother these days, too much hassle.

- Dagless

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 10:08:28 PM »
I've kinda noticed that the junk results aren't really a problem unless you're searching for popular artists or songs the radio plays over and over again... The stuff I get usually doesn't have almost any (Nobody's going to bother tagging spam with an artist's name no one really listens to...).

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2007, 11:22:50 PM »
Limewire is alright, Gets the job done. But coLa hit the nail on the head here, Soulseek is the best programme around if you're looking to get music, especially if your looking for rare stuff.

yah soul seek rox. down and dirty.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2007, 10:21:48 AM »
I've kinda noticed that the junk results aren't really a problem unless you're searching for popular artists or songs the radio plays over and over again... The stuff I get usually doesn't have almost any (Nobody's going to bother tagging spam with an artist's name no one really listens to...).

yeah for a while that was true, but nowadays it seems like there is some sort of bot which returns results based on your search terms, so you get a million fake entries  no matter what you type in. I used to use soulseek but I couldn't get very consistent results (Even though you could usually get some pretty rare stuff).
Shareaza is a bit better than limewire seeing as it can connect to a lot of different sharing networks, but it still suffers from the junk results.

- Dag

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2007, 10:37:21 AM »
They should have a $#@% filter. If the description obviously has NOTHING to do with what you searched for, it shouldn't be shown. :P

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »
Some peers/ultrapeers are bots. If you search for something, when they recieve the search request they create a file and rename it to your search string, with possible modifiers to make it look more realistic. Also, some files that have nothing to do with what you searched for appear because the bots tag them with huge amounts of random tags, including what you searched for.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2007, 09:26:41 AM »
Yeah, but you just filter their IP.

Problem = solved.