Author Topic: Committee reelection after a certain time?  (Read 7440 times)

lekky

• Autococker
Re: Committee reelection after a certain time?
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 11:56:39 AM »
Remember that the Committee was set up to undertake those medicore tasks that were part of jitspoes everyday work, but which stopped him from doing other more important things and could easily be delegated to another group of people.

The whole Committee idea has been lost on almost everyone. Rather than being able to quitely do their job in the background, people have used the Committee as a body to scream at, abuse, and put down at every opportunity, whether or not they have anything to do with the matter at hand.

We do not ban people for the sake of it, if that were the case I can assure you there would be far, far more people banned for multi-accounts (for example) than there have been. As to a few of the Committee not playing this game anymore, to be honest that really has very little bias on the actual duties that a Committee member has to perform. You really dont need to be playing this game 2 hours a day, 5 days a week to ask someone why they have 2 accounts, or to send an email to someone asking them if they mind releasing a name they have regged. More important is the abilty to be able to form a judgement based only on the facts of the matter, and be intelligent enough to admit when your own view is wrong, and take the necessary action to validate your new view.

Regarding the recent incident of crashnig servers, the Committee has had nothing to do with it. The Committee did not crash any servers, neither did they ban anyone, jitspoe was the person who banned Sonny, not the Committee, and as a Server Owner myself, I can understand the reasons why he did take drastic action like that. That having being said, posts like the one quoted below make very little sense whatsoever:

I do this because a lot of people are disaffected with the committe.

As far as I can see, the worst thing about us is that we take far too long to react to decisions. Thats something that is bound to happen, considering the Committee is a totally new concept, and the framework we use with which to make decisions, and form our judgements is in the very early stages of development. This is being worked on, we recognise our flaws, and because we care about this game and this Community we are doing our best to reduce them.

If there is a vote to re-elect members of the Committee, I hope people look at what the Committee is actually there for, realise its importance, but do not overestimate it, and remember what skills are important, and who has the abilty to handle it in a mature fashion.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 01:49:19 PM »
, I hope people look at what the Committee is actually there for, realise its importance, but do not overestimate it, and remember what skills are important, and who has the abilty to handle it in a mature fashion.

Yeah, sorry for your ban Sonny, it was totally undeserved.

...Sarcasm is a real mature fashion

MiZ

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 02:13:03 PM »
Absurd, I really think the committee should reelect every 6 months.In those 6 months we can see how well the committee is working out problems.Then we can decide who stays, and who is slacking off, and needs to leave.There are some people in the committee right now who are really slacking off, and also they need to be removed now.I rest my opinion.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 02:59:28 PM »
I Like your opinion. considering half the committee doesnt play

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 03:22:58 PM »
I'm normally just an observer when it comes to this kind of politics but.

I say shorten member count of committee.(cut the slackers) and make the elections quarterly.

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 04:09:33 PM »
The Committee did not crash any servers.

@viper: Jetzt muss ich lachen...

engl:

I think you misunderstood me. I do not doubt on the committee. And I disagree with viper, (and agree with lekky) a committee member don't have to play this game two hour's/day. I thinkt he better way is----> more power for the committee (so they can work more efficient). But fewer committee member's (It will be decided quickly.)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 05:24:26 PM »
Most of our decisions happen rather quickly once ALL of the information is gathered.  Unfortunately this being the holidays, not everyone is around at the same time.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 07:28:34 PM »
Lol anyone else notice how all the topics about the committee go off topic :/

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 07:29:41 PM »
Lol anyone else notice how all the topics about the committee go off topic :/

It's all part of this massive conspiracy between the mods, the committee, and Pakistan.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 07:33:54 PM »
It's all part of this massive conspiracy between the mods, the committee, and Pakistan.
Lol agreed I'm honestly starting to wonder if jits should take in a different approach because all committee decisions turn into is a huge argument mostly between flame and lekky, when they're right and when they're wrong (many I've probably missed as I tend to ignore those threads this one just sparked an interest.) anyone else agree?

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 07:40:49 PM »
I Like your opinion. considering half the committee doesnt play
Why do you guys keep saying that? As if people that dont play anymore shouldnt play an important role in the community, or even be 'worthy' of it as I've seen in many cases.

Football coaches used to play football.
Sergeants used to be a privates.
Busines owners used to be employees.
Music Producers used to play music.
Committe members used to play paintball.

Edit: Sorry for the off-topicness...

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 07:59:57 PM »
The main problem seems to be public relations; there's very little transparency in the decision making process. Most people would appreciate that it is a difficult time of year to have their first real challenge, but there has been a lack of information about what the committee is doing. Who is it looking to ban, what will be the length of the bans, what information is it seeking, who on the committee is in support of what view.

Because everything is done behind closed doors people believe the committee is not taking any action. I appreciate that private information cannot be discussed in public, but a little information could help to diffuse the situation, and it also lets us, the electorate, judge how well individuals are representing our views.

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 10:13:01 PM »
Yes, have a reelection.

Or even better, get rid of the committee.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 05:48:20 AM »
Or even better, get rid of the committee.

Better for whom? I refer back to the original Committee thread, and ask you to read why jitspoe wanted a Committee.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 10:58:43 AM »
I say just let jitspoe choose who goes and who he wants to replace them with... Then he can see how new ppl act in the committee...   But having re-elections every so often would mean more work for him to just manage the committee, which is the opposite reason he wanted a committee in the first place, so he could worry about other things and let them handle little things. Adding re-elections means he has to worry about setting them up and letting them get used to committee every time, which I'm sure can drag him down when it happens....

P.S.     If there were re-elections, they would have to be on a term basis, or else anyone unhappy about how something was handled could cry "re-elect committee" when they aren't happy.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 01:17:29 PM »
P.S.     If there were re-elections, they would have to be on a term basis

obviously.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2007, 02:01:26 PM »
Well, I did not read much of this thread, but y00tz you made my day.
;D ;D ;D
-Cusoman

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2007, 04:08:18 PM »
seeing as its the hollidays and i also work a lot on my own projects i only view these boards maybe once or twice a week depending on what i am needed for. the hard part for the committee and what takes us the longest. is gathering the proper info on what we are voting on, sometimes we will be dealing with users that dont come on irc or the fourms that much. and its harder to establish info on these type of people. sometimes people try to avoid you. its very hard to get things done as quickly as everyone would like. sure half the committee doesnt play dp anymore. thats cause we spent about 8 years before most of you came around playing dp. we are all a bit older then we were when this game first came out in 1997, and have priorities in the real life that must be taken care of first and mostly. i really think the committee does a good job from what ive seen. it seems lately that people are very dependent of us and think every choice we make has to be the most spectacular of events!

ok soo how to take a jab at this topic, It has come quite obvious voting in this game is completely fail and bias, people will vote for other people just because they will be rewarded behind the scenes. soo voting may not result in the way you may wish for. Basicly what im trying to get at. this community was headed in a good direction a few months ago and now it seems its falling back down the hill, even if you change this committee with another committee that committee is going to be exactly the same. just with diffrent people. this is just a game and what is sad about it, this game has such a small community in the gaming word yet we still need a committtee to track cheaters and multi accounters. we got people allways starting fights i mean for a smalll community of gamers to have such BIG TIME issues is very disturbing. the fact that the committee is needed is just soo sad. all the years of everyone complaining and breaking the rules has resulted in the way dp has turned out.

all your wishes have come true. Enjoy the rest of your Hollidays...

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2007, 08:51:24 AM »
When the committee re-elects, my seat will be up for grabs. I've found that if there's one thing I'm bad at, it's making hard decisions.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2007, 09:02:29 AM »
Pick me pick me!