Author Topic: Nub to start n00bs 'R us  (Read 8809 times)

m7feettall

• Autococker
Nub to start n00bs 'R us
« on: December 26, 2007, 02:18:25 PM »
[n00bs] will be the third training clan in the training clan network, along with InT and WSL.  WSL expanded rapidly, and there is some risk in going now to a third clan. But Nub wants to give it a go.

Our eventual goal is four clans that scirm together often, allowing application of lessons learned while playing the big boys.

Good luck Nub.

lekky

• Autococker
Re: Nub to start n00bs 'R us
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 06:44:38 PM »
Do you all support each other, ie, part of one larger entity?

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 07:12:11 PM »
We have started a training clan network. That includes

a. Shared forums.
b. A new shared private IRC channel
c. We train together on each other's maps and occassionally scrim (but not match now) together.
d. Our leaders share one planning area where we discuss issues etc.
e. We each help recruit for the other in pubs.
f. Thanks to Knack we share a pub server.

Despite that we are separate clans. I cannot kick a member of their clan, though I can request it. The same is true for them. Each clan has distinct leadership who are responsible for that clan and its direction.

The leaders share common goals and such, but they may implement them differently. For instance, WSL has a similar policy as InT when it comes to behavior in a scrim. But we do not share "no scrim lists." They maintain their own.

In the end different leaders and different members may appeal to different people. This offers choices. Or to put it another way, some folks may not like M7 all that much.  But they like the general InT system. They get along with flip, and want to be part of a well organized training clan, and a larger network.

WSL also has a different time window, for the most part. They are on more in the mornings, and early evening. InT has since its inception been more of an evening and late night clan.

We considered a merge for a while. But we decided that separate clans in a network was best.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 08:05:11 PM »
Hopefully you guys get good soon.

Ij doesn't have any competition left in the matching scene. :-\

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 09:21:08 PM »
who will be leading this one?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 10:20:15 PM »
"Nub" according to the title.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 10:22:45 PM »
o i didnt realize that was a persons name

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 10:33:47 PM »
that would be me.
also found on dp as
K1NG_NU8.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 11:20:24 PM »
that would be me.
also found on dp as
K1NG_NU8.

I was playing with you today. Is there gonna be another person to help lead the clan? or is it just going to be you?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 11:50:49 PM »
I was playing with you today. Is there gonna be another person to help lead the clan? or is it just going to be you?

Well I'm sure m7 and fl1p will help out.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 09:51:52 AM »

Yes I believe flip and m7 will help recruit with me. And yeah you wanted that pgp game at airtime. haha

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 03:23:02 AM »
Yeah no one can touch Queenie.  So long as Moe, iEat, and Jigsaw are playing while Queenie is on the bench.

:P

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 12:00:25 PM »
Ok, I'll remember that the next time I'm raging your clan while you camp it up in hi-bd.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 12:56:43 PM »
Ummm, Mr.Nub, I see you are not even in your own clan. ???  Flamer is the leader of n00bs 'r us, and King_nu8 is a former member of the clan.  Nub, did u already resign as leader, because what I have stated is what is shown on the GLS clan listing.
-Cusoman

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 01:17:58 PM »
^^ wow, what happened there?

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »
long story... all my fault. but on the bright side we will have everything up and running smoothly here soon. Just give us some time and it'll will be running like a well oiled machine. :P

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 02:44:26 PM »
Well, if you say so. ;)
-Cusoman

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 02:45:14 PM »
In my opinion I do not believe this a good idea to start this clan, at least not with the current leader. I played a while with him and a bunch of InTs and I feel that although K1NG_NUB is not bad at the game, he hasn't yet obtained the skills needed to lead a training clan. Don't take any offense to this. Like I said this is just my opinion.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 02:56:01 PM »
Well kilo,

here is my opinion.
1) Being a leader is not all about skill. If you noticed the amount of people that are drawn to the training teams we have started you would realize that it is mostly about the enviroment. Nub in this case is an outstanding person. He will do well.

2) when I first met matt he was just like a lot of people who just start playing. Strafe jumping wasn't even in his skillz yet. With a little teaching and prodding by ALL the members of InT and WsL he has improved greatly in a short period. He knows how to help others which is something a lot of folks on here can't seem to get in their heads.

3) The decision for the leader of the third clan was made by a group of people who believe he was one of the best choices. It will work and I'll make sure it does even when people threatened they are members of globalgamers and will delete all of our three teams accounts on irc. Gotta love immature kids right?

p.s.  In no way iis this directed towards anyone. It is just my personal opinion and does not reflect the views of any other member of WsL, InT or NB

-jay

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 02:59:46 PM »
I understand what you are saying and I was just saying that what I think does not involve his skill at all. I just think someone who knows the game play a little better should be leading it.

My entire point in stating all of this is that I would really like to see the Training Network be completed.