Author Topic: Nub to start n00bs 'R us  (Read 8808 times)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Nub to start n00bs 'R us
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 03:10:28 PM »
Well get off your behind and be a co-leader and help people out. We have received a lot of positive feedback from the community and love the support but honestly we could use a little help if anyone is interested. At the moment we are a little stretched but that has come from the type of people we have been recruiting. Every now and then someon e might leave to help another team get started but end up coming back because of the personalities of the team members. As of right now we have lost 4 valued players. 2 left to start the new team, 1 left to help a friend with his team (which has returned but went to InT because of the time preference). So we could use a few new members in both WsL and NB. Come one, come all, Don't be shy... You all constantly rant and rave how much you love this game and how the  game needs to bring in more people. Well, help us teach these people so they don't get discouraged. We need all of ya'lls help to bring this about. Some of us need better players to teach us new things so we can teach it to our learners. Join up or take the time to schedule a training session. Trust me if you do you will find a lot of people wanting to learn.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 03:13:38 PM »
I really don't want to join a new clan but I am willing to help. Just find me on in-game or on IRC. Look for KiLo or K and you can find me in just about any channel.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 03:16:10 PM »
For any who may be interested in helping out check out our forums and website. We actually have a section to sign up to give classes and for anyone wishing to join any of the teams there is a section for application.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 12:07:14 AM »
This clan is going to be put on hold as of right now.
all people interested in this clan, can talk to me if wanting to join a training clan, in WsL.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 02:23:09 AM »
Yes, a start-up during the unpredictable times of the holidays proved to be too difficult. Issues for a time in WSL also set us back. So for now we are sitting at two clans, trying to make them as stable as possible and keep activity levels up.

eagle

• Stingray
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 12:48:47 PM »
The whole network requires vent correct?

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2008, 01:02:42 PM »
Yes.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2008, 03:58:14 PM »
The whole network requires vent correct?

Yup.

FlaMe

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »
why do you make your clan names so undermining...

We suck less
noobs are us

who wants to join a clan being called noobs

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 05:12:02 PM »
Flame does bring up a decent point.  You don't want your team to sound like you're bad at the game or you're going to have a tough time finding people to join it.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 09:57:32 PM »
That would be the common thought. However, we want folks to know we are not a top competitive clan. And frankly WSL was and is a very easy name to recruit for. The catchy spam slogans just roll off the tongue, and got attention in pubs.

Noobs we had  just gotten  started when we had problems. So it is hard to know how it would have played. But you essentially need a catchy name to get folks' attention. When WSL started, you may recall it had the most boring name on the planet--new player training or something. We switched it to wsl and grew in no time. Flip found more players than we could handle in the first week. 

Our slogans tend to aim for the newer player's state of mind. They know they are not ready for a top clan. We offer them a chance at an organized second-tier clan.

So perhaps it is a case of counter-intuitive thinking. So far it worked.

Another factor is that we really don't want folks who are ashamed of being in a training clan. If they have a problem with that, they can go to a competitive clan and see if they make it. If they do they don't need us. And if they don't...well...now they know they are a noob :)

And then there are those who just like the atmosphere. To them the name is secondary.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 08:29:06 AM »
I'll second what M7 has said. Even though we have these "noobish" names we get request daily from descent players. For me it weeds out the big headed, cocky, and rude players. Since the word of our atmosphere has gotten around we actually can now afford to put people on a trial period in WsL. I am all for having great people to play with. If you take the game too serious it losses all of the fun value. We will grow. We will get better. We will eventually give you a run for your money. All that is left is to get a few top players to give us some tactics lessons. hint hint*

P.S.  No kilo... you still can't join!!!  j/k gotta harass him.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 08:42:46 AM »
P.S.  No kilo... you still can't join!!!  j/k gotta harass him.

Gonna make me go into a rage.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »

had your daily rage yet    ;)

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 10:46:30 AM »

Try deep breaths and a good cry. Worked for my toddler son for a time :)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
The funny thing is.. just like a toddler you can get him in rage mode on cue. This works well in pubs when everyone is being quite.