Author Topic: Anyone ever heard-of/remember {DNT} Do Not Touch ?  (Read 1781 times)

play3r1

• VM-68
Anyone ever heard-of/remember {DNT} Do Not Touch ?
« on: December 27, 2007, 10:07:37 PM »
It was a clan that I made roughly a half a year ago, which was (considered by some, as well as me at the time) successful. We had a site and everything, we never hosted clan matches though, never had a server, never had clan tryouts, most of us didn't know what we were doing. What we were lacking was an ambitious leader who knew what he was doing. One day that summer I had decided that I was playing SO much dp that I had to drop it all together if I ever wanted to get on with my life, and I got a lot of things done including a 4.0 I got in highschool.

I really hadn't wanted to leave  :'( but I knew I had to. I was HOPING that I would be leaving the clan in good hands, and not in the hands of lazy idiots. What I had hoped for not to go wrong went wrong. Nobody ever did anything with the clan now that I left, geez I thought without me they would make it through but I guess not. I'm kind of mad at them, they never did much anyway, they disagreed with my decisions but never did anything themselves.

Not that I've come back, I've found that NO activity to the clan has taken place. I'm wondering what I should do. Should I try to recruit an ambitious leader? Should I kick every remaining member from the clan and invite them again and if none don't accept in an extended period of time, shut the clan down? Should I start a new clan? I don't know what to do, I have the feeling their account haven't even been touched by them ever since I left. Should I just shut it down now? :'( I don't know what to do. Any suggestions.

cusoman

• Autococker
Re: Anyone ever heard-of/remember {DNT} Do Not Touch ?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 10:13:28 PM »
Well, seeing as your the only leader in DNT, it makes sense that they did nothing since you cant do anything with a clan unless you are a leader.  Perhaps that your problem ;)
-Cusoman

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 10:25:05 PM »
But how can I make someone else a leader when none of them are active? THere were other leaders, but they kicked each other and themselves out of being a leader and joined another clan. Is it hopeless? SHould I discontinue it?

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 11:07:11 PM »
THere were other leaders, but they kicked each other and themselves out of being a leader and joined another clan.
LMAO, I'm gonna go vote for something...

And yes, I do remember DNT. Try your best to get it up and going again.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 11:51:57 PM »
play3r1 I suggest PMing all of those who have forum names, and anyone's email, or aim/xfire or common irc channels they would go in.  Just get the message across to as many people as possible people. The message should be something like this:

"Dear member of DNT, i
n order to determine who is active and not active, I need you to respond to this message within three days time.  If you do not respond within 3 days time you will be kicked out of the clan.  If you are unavailable and are receiving this message after the three days times, write me back with your reasons why you could not answer originally, and why you want to remain in the clan.  If you are receiving this letter, and no longer wish to remain in the clan, write me back saying you are done, do not write back and be kicked in 3 days time, or remove yourself from the clan now. 

As a returning leader I will now start up recruiting once more to create a stable active {DNT} Clan.

Sincerely, Your Leader,
Play3r1"

Basically, follow through with the message, and if you have to, take the clan all the way down to just yourself, and if you really want an active member, I will tryout for your clan if you like, and if you need another leader, even temporarily, I can go and recruit for you.  I have been a leader of a clan before, and it was really big for about a month, it was {TV} clan.  Myself and my friend were co-leaders and made the clan huge, but then my friend wanted to leave the clan, and I left with him because I wanted to make sure he did not feel bad, and I left the clan in control with 3 new leaders, and well, it crumbled within 2 days of my absence.  Anyway, if you got through my nice long post to this point, I suggest you use the "letter" idea to remake/rebuild your clan.
-Cusoman

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 09:47:08 AM »
Wow, Cusoman you REALLY sound like you know what you are doing. Suprisingly, you situation to the clan sounds almost exactly as that of mine, I mean that was that same stuff I've been through: leaving it to others and it crumbles (actually, surprisingly it was 3 leaders as well), started out with just me and someone else (the other guy left later on), and it was also very big for a shot period of time (a month was roughly it). I'm surprised how much our clans had in common and how they fell. Every great empire will fall (I learned that in world history) DeW fell. DNT has never done tryouts since it started, the only "tryouts" were accepting the invitation or requesting membership. Believe me, I'm desperate and would love to have you as a leader (it's our last hope), you'd probably know what you were doing and be the only leader ever that isn't an ignorant lazy idiot. P.S. I sent this same thing to you as a PM.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 09:59:05 AM »
Cool, I'll be glad to help.  I forgot to say this in my PM, but the website/forum thing you have set up looks like it worked at one point, but now has fallen into ruin. (says you have like 27 members or something)  I suggest beefing that site up a bit or starting over and making a new one.
-Cusoman