Are you satisfied with the committee?

Yes
32 (43.8%)
No
29 (39.7%)
Neutral
12 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Are you satisfied with the committee? (Committee Members please dont vote)  (Read 11329 times)

coLa

• Autococker
Re: Are you satisfied with the committee? (Committee Members please dont vote)
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 04:11:16 PM »
lmfao. so why would jitspoe lie and let the committee take the blame for not banning sk89q? please use your head magelelhae.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 04:16:08 PM »
lmfao. so why would jitspoe lie and let the committee take the blame for not banning sk89q? please use your head magelelhae.

Have you even seen what sk89q has helped jitspoe with? Have you understood how much of his time has gone into making this game better not just for jitspoe, but for everyone?

Do you understand the circumstances around the GT server crash, and the fix he helped generate?

Even if you do not agree with the non-ban, you must be able to see where jitspoe would be coming from IF HE did not want to ban this guy.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 04:32:42 PM »
I think the people who are not satisfied should say why they are not satisfied.
Lekky was answering to one of the reasons (only i've seen so far) why people are not satisfied.

Cobo

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
Everyone should just remember that now, how lekky answered to the reasons, so certain people cant keep an argument going by simply saying their questions have not been answered.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 05:17:10 PM »
Have you even seen what sk89q has helped jitspoe with? Have you understood how much of his time has gone into making this game better not just for jitspoe, but for everyone?

Do you understand the circumstances around the GT server crash, and the fix he helped generate?

Even if you do not agree with the non-ban, you must be able to see where jitspoe would be coming from IF HE did not want to ban this guy.

what i said was, why would would jitspoe lie, and let the committee take the blame for not banning sk89q. i do realize that sk89q has done nothing but good since he has been here, but i don't believe he should be let of the hook for something he did and everyone else got banned for. but i also realize there was probably no logs proving what he did other than him openly admitting to it and apologizing. which would not result in a ban either way since myself and others were not banned, even after admitting, without logs.
  i only said that because mag thinks jitspoe was the one who did not want to ban sk89q, but it was the decision of the committee not jitspoe. or so he says.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 05:22:27 PM »
jitspoe is of course free to give his opinions on all matters we deal with, he may override them, tell us when we are missing something or being dumb. He is after all, just simply delegating his work to us, and like i said, if i was in his shoes, i would probably not want sk89q to be banned for what he did, especially considering why he did it, and the recent help (help is putting it lightly) he had given me.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »
Let's keep all of the personal disputes out of this.  Given the circumstances, I didn't feel it was fair to ban sk89q.  The committee agreed.  Many people outside of the committee agree with the decision, others don't.  There's no way to make everybody happy.  Now let's move on.

This thread is about committee satisfaction.  If you don't feel they've been doing their job well, please state why.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 06:11:19 PM »
aww you removed my post. just to let you know i was being very sarcastic and i agree with jitspoe. why is everyone soo mad at the committee? what have we dont to make you all so angry?

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 06:56:35 PM »
Solution: 

Step 1:  Remove the committee.

Step 2:  Elect a king. (or queen ;))

Step 3:  Who should be right for this job?  How will it be decided?  KinGiE!  YEAH

:P

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 07:04:16 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Redundant = fair. The more people we have, the better a chance of getting a fair decision. Perhaps if it's seen that some committee members are 'better' at making decisions than others, those that are slow/not active can be removed without affecting anything too much. That's only something jits can do, though.

QueeNiE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 07:07:23 PM »
So just elect me as king.  Jeez. :(

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 07:33:05 PM »
just remove those who are inactive and replace them with someone else. why have them there if they've only been around to help once or twice?

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 07:34:44 PM »
I have to agree with Eiii and cola on this one I think the inactive committe members need to become more active or replaced on the committee no offense meant to them of course.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2008, 07:45:41 PM »
We are already taking care of that with a roll call for 2008.

Apocalypse

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
We are already taking care of that with a roll call for 2008.
When is this roll call spook I'm just suprised I havent heard yet.
Edit: Actually with me being on so little lately I'm not that suprised

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 09:45:57 PM »
I like what they are doing but there are too many people.  I am neutral because it doesn't affect me and regardless of what I think, it won't change anything and the committee is cleaning out all people with more then one account.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 09:54:44 PM »
There's so many people playing DP now, and only a few are upset, not everyone can be happy... (which seems to be all the same few) I already like their roll call they're going to have (which doesn't need to be known until they know who's going to be out, it'll be better to surprise inactive members anyways)   And if they replace those spots with unbiased people then they will be a very good committee....

The only thing I dont like are the currently inactive members.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2008, 10:22:40 PM »
When is this roll call spook I'm just suprised I havent heard yet.
Edit: Actually with me being on so little lately I'm not that suprised

Its not open to the public.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2008, 10:22:40 PM »
well now that the hollidays are over we will find out who is really slacking

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2008, 10:45:20 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:02:06 AM by P!nk »